Comfort at home largely depends on how efficiently the heating and cooling system works. When the season changes, you switch from heating to cooling and vice-versa. This continuous and non-stop use puts the unit through a lot of wear and tear due to which its performance starts declining. The comfort at home will drop because your HVAC finds it harder to maintain the desired temperature. To minimize the effect of wear and tear and bring the system efficiency back to par, seasonal AC maintenance is necessary.
On the hottest of days, if your AC breaks down or the furnace suffers a malfunction on the coldest day, imagine how rattled and aggrieved you would feel. Seasonal AC maintenance ensures that you can depend on your AC to work optimally without breaking down throughout the season.
Why Is Pre-Season AC Maintenance Necessary?
Pre-season maintenance is also called “Preventive Maintenance”. Preventive because it is carried out to ensure that no trouble is brewing in the AC. Catching problems well before they evolve into bigger issues keeps the repairs to a minimum and also the repair costs on the lower side. As against this, if the problem is allowed to propagate without taking any steps to curb it, expensive repairs are a given. But that is not the only concern. You will also have to live through hours or days of discomfort until the AC is back up and running. Therefore, to minimize any inconvenience and eliminate the chances of costly repairs, pre-season maintenance is necessary.
Spring The Best Time For AC Maintenance
Spring is usually the best time to carry out AC maintenance, as at this time, the temperatures are still pleasant. You don’t have to suffer when the AC is taken offline to carry out the maintenance and tune-up work. Spring tune-up prepares your AC to work relentlessly through the entire scorching summer, without any obvious signs of trouble.
Benefits Of Seasonal Maintenance
Many people laugh at the thought of getting the seasonal AC maintenance done. Here are a few reasons why you should not take it lightly:
1. Prevents Unexpected Failures – AC maintenance is like a full diagnostic service. It involves an inspection of all the moving parts, tightening of loose components, oiling or greasing of rubbing pieces to reduce friction and thorough cleaning of the complete unit. This full check-up of the unit brings to light the hidden and budding problems in the AC. By replacing worn parts and making the necessary adjustments to lose and moving parts, one can prevent the chances of unexpected breakdowns.
2. Maintains Product Warranty – Failing to see to the annual seasonal AC maintenance can render the product warranty on your new equipment void. An important aspect of keeping product warranty in force for the full duration is that the maintenance will be carried out as directed by the manufacturer. Losing out on the warranty is not advisable as it can help bring down the cost of repairs if the new cooling unit malfunctions.
3. Reclaims Lost Efficiency – When the air conditioner runs, its efficiency diminishes overtime. So it starts consuming more and more power resulting in bigger bills. However, the efficiency that is lost does not mean that it cannot be reclaimed. Surprisingly, with seasonal maintenance, you can recover 95% of the lost efficiency. Needless to say, if you give importance to the maintenance and tune-up, your monthly power bills will never escalate.
4. Reduces Cost Of Repairs – A reliable machine seldom breaks down, and if it does, the problems are rarely ever major. But reliability is a factor that is dependent on how religiously you follow the AC maintenance schedule. If you get it done regularly, year after year, you can depend on it to work even during the peak of the season without any trouble. Though, if seeing its maintenance is not your strong point, you should be ready to face the consequences. Your unit can malfunction any time, and there are no guarantees about how major the repair would be and its financial bearing on your pockets.
5. Makes Home More Comfortable – An efficiently running AC cools the home faster and better. Your home is not only comfortable during the height of the summer season, but all the year-round. To keep your comfort level indoors intact, seasonal AC maintenance plays a major role. Ensuring that all components are in top-notch condition and perfect working order guarantees effectual and equal cooling throughout the house.
When To Schedule AC Maintenance?
You don’t have to wait until such time that the AC starts showing signs of trouble for maintenance. In fact, the best practice is to maintain a fixed regularity in it. The best time for HVAC maintenance is just before the season reaches its peak. Ideally, the cooling system should be tuned during the spring and the furnace during the fall. The benefit of following this routine is that you can take advantage of off-season discounts and save even more on maintenance.
What Constitutes AC Maintenance?
The following checks are carried out during AC maintenance. This, however, is not an exhaustive list.
1. Tightening up the loose electrical connections.
2. Examining the system controls.
3. Cleaning the coils and their inspection.
4. Greasing and oiling of moving parts.
5. Replacing those parts that have worn out.
6. Replacing the filters
7. Inspecting the blower fan.
8. Checking the refrigerant level and pressure.
9. Checking the thermostat.
10. Validating the operating temperatures.
In the absence of regular maintenance, your HVAC system can suffer severe damage. It happens because though the problems start developing during the operational period, yet they peak during the dormant period. And you come to know about them when you switch on the air conditioner as the temperature starts rising. But by then the issue has amplified and digs a big hole in the pockets in the form of expensive repairs. Maintenance takes care of all these things and minimizes the chances of AC malfunction.
Aztil Air Conditioning provides seasonal HVAC maintenance services in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our technicians are trained in every aspect of HVAC. They are well equipped to handle all related issues to your complete satisfaction. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.