Florida summers are very hot and sultry. Living in a home without AC during this time is unthinkable. In West Palm Beach alone, the major contributor to the residential electricity bill is the air conditioner. To keep the utility bills low and the equipment working efficiently, it needs to be cleaned and serviced regularly. Some homeowners deem AC maintenance or tune-up a waste of time and money. But their tales of woe concerning their AC’s performance during the peak of summers have them repenting their decision. A unit that is not well cared for can become a pain in the long run. It is precisely for this reason that annual AC tune-up has become a necessity everywhere, including West Palm Beach.
Think Of Your AC As A Car
Every year you get the servicing of your car done so that it runs smoothly year after year. The tires are changed when they wear out, and oil levels are kept up to the mark, etc. Taking care of your car ensures that it will not breakdown in the middle of the road. Your AC demands the same attention. Inside your home, the air conditioner is one appliance that works non-stop to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. A device that runs continuously, even more than your car, needs to be given some TLC. Since the AC is a machine, the TLC comes in the form of an annual tune-up. So next time when you want to save a few dollars on AC maintenance, think whether you will overlook the servicing of your car as well.
Importance Of Annual AC Tune-Up
Annual AC tune-up is by no means a waste of money. It is a mandate of time. If you look after your AC, your home will be most comfortable even in the peak of summers. Here are a few reasons that validate the importance of AC tune-up in West Palm Beach.
1. Prevent Breakdowns By Catching Problems Early – Any problem in the AC usually starts small. If it goes unnoticed for an extended period, either other issues develop or the same problem increases, so much so that, the AC shuts down. Annual tune-up brings to light most of the minor problems that can arise in the AC. As a part of the maintenance schedule, they get addressed at the same time and prevent any major malfunctions or breakdowns. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that annual maintenance keeps your AC reliable and working efficiently. You don’t have to worry about when it will shut down.
2. Save Unwarranted Expenses – An AC that works optimally consumes less power and gas, keeping the utility bills low. Similarly, catching problems at their very onset keeps the repair bills to the barest minimum. On the flip side, an AC that is allowed to run without proper servicing drastically increases the utility bills and breaks down often. If you want to keep your overhead expenses low, spending a few dollars on AC maintenance is sure to benefit you.
3. Improve Comfort Inside The Home – When the AC runs efficiently, it cools your home most effectively. You don’t feel uncomfortable even during the hottest hours of the day. The AC also helps in maintaining adequate humidity levels to keep clamminess in check. During the hot summer months and the cold winter months, your home is the most desirable place, thanks to the central AC. While, if your AC is not operating optimally, maintaining the temperature inside the house becomes difficult. Temperature variations occur, there are hot and cold areas inside, humidity becomes unbearable, and so on. AC tune-up takes care of all these minor issues and keeps you and your home happy.
4. Extend The Life Of Your AC – The way car servicing extends the life of your car; similarly, an annual tune-up of your West Palm Beach AC, extends its useful, productive life. An air conditioner that is not tuned-up annually will fall into disrepair and breakdown permanently. Buying a new one is a costly affair because it’s not just the cost of the product that you have to take into account, but its installation as well. It is an expense you would want to keep at bay for as long as possible. The cost of AC maintenance is meager as compared to the price of a brand new air conditioner. It is up to you to make the right decision for the well being of your AC, which is the annual AC tune-up.
What Includes AC tune-up West Palm Beach
1. Cleaning the evaporator coil and condenser coil.
2. Changing the air filter.
3. Checking the refrigerant level and topping it if necessary.
4. Lubricating the motor along with the bearings.
5. Cleaning the blower and its adjustment if needed.
6. Checking the drip pan and drain line. Sealing leaks, if any, and removing blockages.
7. Testing of all electrical connections.
8. Checking the thermostat settings and recalibrating it if necessary.
9. Checking the blower motor, condenser fan, and compressor for voltage and amp.
10. Testing the capacitors and the cooling capacity of the AC.
The Best Time For AC Tune-Up Is Spring
The ideal time for AC tune-up in West Palm Beach is spring, right before the summer sets in. At Aztil Air Conditioning, we advise our customers to schedule the maintenance of their AC during the end of spring season or early summers. AC maintenance at this time means that your AC will work well during the peak season.
A timely tune-up guarantees that the AC will give a hassle-free performance at all times. It would be best if you were attentive to the needs of your air conditioner, and maintenance is all that it needs.
Call The Professionals
AC tune-up should always be done by HVAC professionals. They are the experts in the field and trained to handle the job efficiently. They ensure a job well done and also comply with all the safety standards. For AC tune-up in West Palm Beach, look up Aztil AC. We provide 24/7 emergency AC services so that your comfort is not compromised.