Ductless split systems are the most efficient way to maintain the ideal temperature in your home when you cannot afford the expensive HVAC system. In terms of technology, they are nothing new and have been around for quite some time. You may have noticed them as a medium-sized rectangular box-like structure mounted high on the wall inside a home, office, or restaurant.
Types Of Ductless Heating And Cooling Systems
There are 2 types of ductless heating and cooling systems available in the market.
1. Mini-Split System – It consists of one indoor air handler and one outdoor condenser unit. This particular combination is most suitable to cool individual rooms. If you want to cool all your rooms, in the same manner, you can do it by setting up multiple units. However, that is possible only if there is space outside to install multiple condenser units. The most important advantage of this system is that you get to control the temperature of each specific room. Wherever conditioned air is not needed, you can switch off that particular unit.
2. Multi-Split System – In this system, there is just one outdoor condenser unit. This single condenser unit is connected to a number of individual air handlers. Such a system is most suited where every room has the same cooling requirement, and there is limited outdoor space. When there is a need for cooling or heating, all the units are activated at the same time.
Ductless systems can be used in several places and under various circumstances. Let us have a look at some of these.
Where Ductless System Can Be Used
1. There Is No Existing Ductwork – There are many buildings that don’t have pre-existing ductwork. Usually, these buildings are old and of historical value. Installing comprehensive ductwork in these buildings would be very costly. If you want to install heating and cooling equipment and yet keep the costs low, the ductless system is most suited to meet your needs.
2. There Are Heating And Cooling Issues In A Room – There could be heating and cooling issues in one particular room. It could be because
- The room is a new addition.
- It is cut off from the main house.
- It is situated at the very end of a duct run.
Whatever be the reason, one way to correct the situation is by installing a ductless system. It will not only resolve the problem but will also give you the flexibility to control the temperature in that room.
3. There Is A Need To Downsize Without Moving To New Location – As your children move out, you don’t need cooling in the entire house. The HVAC unit gives you the option to switch off heating and cooling in the unused or barely used portion of the house. But that creates pressure differences. One option that you have is to move into a new house or a building. However, if you want to avoid moving out and yet have the flexibility to cool or heat just those rooms that are in use, the ductless system is the best.
When Ductless System Can Be Used
1. When Funds Are Limited – Most people are continuously looking out for ways to cut down their expenses. Ductless heating and cooling system are not only cheaper than the HVAC systems, but they also consume less power. Additionally, you can use them to cool or heat targeted rooms and no extra space, keeping the energy consumption to the barest minimum. In terms of savings, you will be pleasantly surprised.
2. When You Want To Go Green – The Seasonal energy efficiency Ratio or the SEER rating of a ductless system is between 18 to 30 SEER, while that of an HVAC system is between 13 to 20 SEER. It means that with the ductless system, there are savings of approximately 30% to 40% in the electricity bill. Also, the HVAC system suffers from energy inefficiency due to air leakage, pressure differences, and such. It has to work harder and longer and consumes more power. A ductless system does away with these inefficiencies and hence, uses less power, making it a better option for the environmentally conscious people.
3. When You want Complete Flexibility – A ductless system is the answer if you want complete flexibility over the heating and cooling of each individual room. You can control the temperature for every area separately without having to cool the entire house or building.
4. When You Live With People Having Different Temperature Requirements – Young children want rooms cooler than the elderly in the family. Similarly, a person who is not well may want to be in warmer surroundings than others. With the help of a ductless system, you can choose your own temperature settings without affecting those elsewhere in the house.
Ductless System And Indoor Air Quality In West Palm Beach
It is a hassle to get the traditional HVAC system thoroughly cleaned. Unlike them, the ductless system comes equipped with multi-stage filtration systems that get rid of most airborne particles and micro-organisms that are detrimental to human health. There being no ductwork in the ductless systems, one does not have to worry about accumulations and pests making homes inside them. So, it can be rightly inferred that the ductless systems improve the indoor air quality without the cumbersome concerns of the HVAC systems. These days, the ductless heating and cooling systems are increasingly being used to improve the indoor air quality, even in West Palm Beach, homes, and buildings.
West Palm Beach Duct Cleaning
The ductless system has many advantages over the traditional HVAC system. Based on your family requirements and the actual building structure and the premises, you can choose to switch over to a ductless system or a combination. If you are one of those families that use or want to use the ductless system along with the HVAC system, Aztil Air Conditioning can take care of all your needs. To improve the indoor air quality of your West Palm Beach home or building, use our duct cleaning services. We provide 24/7 emergency AC services and prompt resolution of all your HVAC and ductless system problems. Feel free to contact us anytime.