Seldom do people realize the importance of air conditioner tune-up. Those who do are happy homeowners who enjoy the comforts of their home throughout the year without any interruptions. While those who don’t, won’t be able to find peace even while at home. The problem lies in the fact that AC tune-up is considered to be a costly and wasteful activity that does not add any value. This is the biggest myth that we aim to bust.
Myth – AC Tune-Up Is A Non-Value Added Activity
AC tune-up is NOT a non-value added activity. If you really want to understand its worth, look up any two people in your group of friends – one who gets periodic AC maintenance done and one who doesn’t. Compare the level of comfort in their homes and also the cost and number of repairs their AC demands. Your friend, who gets his AC checked regularly, year after year, will have a better performing AC that does not need many repairs. Even if it does, their cost is substantially lower than the friends who considers AC tune-up a wasteful activity. Were your ignorant friends to realize the importance of periodic AC tune-up, they would face fewer malfunctions.
Top 10 Reasons To Tune-Up Your Air Conditioner In West Palm Beach
In no particular order, here are the top reasons why you should ensure AC tune-up in West Palm Beach and elsewhere as well.
1. Reclaims Energy Efficiency – The annual AC tune-up helps to reclaim the lost energy efficiency. If facts are to be believed, an AC loses around 5% energy efficiency each year. The figure may not seem much, to begin with, but year after year, it adds up to quite a significant value. However, by then, the damage has already started to the unit, and even regular maintenance may not help you recover most of it. Periodic maintenance from the very first year itself will keep your AC running at optimum efficiency for a very long time.
2. Keeps Warranty Intact – An important term of keeping the warranty intact is annual AC tune-up. Failing to do so will cease the manufacturer’s warranty as you will not be abiding by the terms. The biggest drawback of a void warranty is that you will have to face and bear the expense of any repair that would have otherwise been covered by the manufacturer. If you are desirous of keeping the warranty valid, you will have to ensure your air conditioner’s annual tune-up.
3. Extend The Unit’s Life Expectancy – A well-maintained asset lasts for a very long time. On the other hand, something that is allowed to fall into disrepair will collapse even before its time is up. The maintenance of your AC is like giving it some much needed tender loving care so that it performs optimally year after year. To extend your air conditioner’s useful product life, you have to get is checked every year so that problems can be caught well in time and repaired.
4. Maintains Consistent Cooling – A well maintained AC provides consistent cooling even during the peak of the summer season. While those AC’s that have not seen regular maintenance will not cool your home adequately, fiddling with the thermostat will also not provide much relief. To keep your home sufficiently cool and to ensure that the same temperature is maintained throughout, you need regular AC tune-up.
5. Needs Fewer Repairs – You would have noticed that air conditioners in West Palm Beach that are given periodic tuning need fewer repairs in comparison to those that aren’t. It is because most AC problems are caught at the very onset during the tune-up, and so they don’t escalate to bigger issues. Also, most AC problems arise due to a lack of maintenance. Ensuring that it is carried out periodically will not let most snags appear and hence a less likely chance of any critical repair.
6. Good For Environment – Regular AC tune-up reduces the energy consumption of your unit. It means that you effectively decrease the carbon footprint of your home on the environment. Today, when everyone is trying to do their best in making environmentally conscious decisions, an AC tune-up will allow you to do yours.
7. Financial Savings – When a unit performs efficiently, it consumes less energy. This translates to tremendous savings in your electricity bills. Not only that, but an AC unit that is cared for will not need any major repairs and so you will be saving even more. Tune-up extends your AC’s life as well, and so you can run it far longer and that too with good results. There is no need to buy a new AC or upgrade to a better one while your old one runs efficiently. All in all, the savings are tremendous and roll into a significant figure when combined together.
8. Maintains Air Quality – Sometimes, the air inside the house is not as clean as we assume it to be. It mostly happens when the AC does not get the necessary tuning. Dust, debris, and other allergens accumulate inside the unit and circulate throughout the home, making the air you breathe toxic and unhygienic.
9. Keeps Humidity In Control – A prime function of the air conditioner is to keep humidity in check by extracting moisture from the circulating air. Only an AC that receives regular tune-up will perform this task optimally, providing lasting relief from clamminess. Residents using an air conditioner in West Palm Beach will understand the importance of this aspect the most as humidity is a part of everyday life.
10. No Loud Noises Only A Gentle Hum – Due to a lack of care and maintenance, air conditioners begin making unlikely sounds. Where the sound was earlier a gentle hum, it now becomes a loud and grating sound. Sometimes the sound is intermittent and sometimes long drawn out and continuous. As a part of the tune-up, the components of your AC are cleaned, tightened, and greased. This ensures that your air conditioner does not produce any loud noises.
In The End
If you have any doubts or need any clarifications, the elite team of professionals at Aztil AC is there to help you. We take care of all your air conditioner needs in West Palm Beach. As long as you understand the importance of tune-up in AC and get it done as prescribed, you should be a happy homeowner.