Since the spread of COVID-19 disease, everybody has become quite concerned about the indoor air quality in their homes. With the USA becoming an epicenter, the unrest amongst the people is at peak. But the good news is that they are all now thinking of ways to improve the indoor air quality. Earlier it was something that was taken for granted.
Today, every little bit that we do will go a long way in slowing down the impact of the Coronavirus. Every small step helps. One important measure in that respect is staying indoors. So we need to ensure that our indoor space is safe, clean, protected, and comfortable. Indoor air quality solutions are your safety net that will minimize the effect of viruses and other biological contaminants in your home.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions For Your Safety
A very significant way in which you can save yourself as well as your family from COVID-19 is by staying under self-quarantine in your home. At most, you cross the perimeter of your property to buy the essentials. This practice will limit your exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes the disease COVID-19. Your quarantine is successful only if the indoor air quality is good. It is a well-known fact, and the US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) also agrees with it that the indoor air is more polluted than the outdoor air. It is almost two to five times more polluted. In essence, it means you are unknowingly breathing in bacteria, viruses, pollen, dust, mold, smoke, and other contaminants.
Continuous and long-term exposure to these biological contaminants will negatively impact the health of those individuals whose immune system is compromised, especially the aged and the children. Even a healthy person can fall ill due to the constant inhaling of polluted indoor air. Employing indoor air quality solutions will limit and reduce your exposure to these harmful elements.
Health Impact Due To Biological Contaminants
Biological contaminants are those micro-organisms that contaminate our food, water, and environment. These include bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi, etc. Some of them cause allergies like asthma, allergic rhinitis, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis, while others can cause a range of illnesses like flu, measles, and chicken-pox, to name a few.
The primary symptoms of health problems caused because of biological contaminants are:
3. Watery eyes
4. Difficulty in breathing
8. Body ache
9. Digestive problems
Usually, these symptoms appear only after prolonged exposure to the said contaminants. When the indoor air quality is compromised, the exposure to the biological contaminants increases. And that is precisely why the indoor air quality experts at Aztil Air Conditioning strongly advise the application of appropriate indoor air quality solutions.
Ways To Improve The Indoor Air Quality
The indoor air quality professionals at Aztil Air Conditioning has figured out some ways for you to improve the air quality of your home.
1. A hot and humid environment provides the best breeding ground for most contaminants and their resultant illnesses. Consequently, it is necessary to keep humidity in control inside your house. In places with high humidity installing a dehumidifier in conjunction with the HVAC system will work wonders in improving the indoor air quality. Furthermore, ventilate your home from time to time by opening windows and switching on the fan to circulate fresh air throughout.
2. The filters of your HVAC system are very crucial in improving the indoor air quality. They trap the impurities and pollutants floating in the air and prevent them from reentering the circulating air. Allowing the filters to become clogged with dirt and dust reduces their effectiveness in trapping the unwanted elements in the air. Therefore, regularly change your air filters.
3. Installing UV germicidal lights is the recent rage. UV lights are known to kill bacteria and viruses. Hospitals, salons, and other places where equipment needs to be sanitized properly use them the most. Installing them with your central heating and cooling equipment will kill not only bacteria and mold but also viruses. It will make the air inside your home healthy and safe to breathe.
4. You can even install an air purifier with your HVAC unit. If that is too costly for your pocket, think about purchasing a stand-alone air purifier. You can buy just one for the room in which your family spends the most time, or you could buy one for each room. That choice is entirely yours. The air purifier traps the biological contaminants that are present in the air when it passes through the unit. It is extremely effective in improving the air quality of the home or room, as the case may be.
5. Installing exhaust fans that vent to the outside, in kitchen and bathrooms will help eliminate moisture build-up. A secondary benefit of exhaust fans is that they also bring down the level of organic pollutants, which usually vaporize from hot water.
Main Causes Of Indoor Air Problems
The things actually deteriorating the indoor air quality are everyday items that we don’t pay much attention to. Here are a few of them to give you a fair idea:
1. Cigarette smoke.
2. Aerosol sprays.
3. Paint fumes.
4. Dust due to remodeling or construction.
5. Excess moisture.
6. Household cleaning agents.
7. Rugs and upholstery that have not been cleaned for a very long time.
Very fine wood shavings floating in the air as a result of some recent woodwork.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions For A Safe Haven
To make your home a safer breathing space, employing the right air quality solution is necessary. Today, when the disease COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and people have to stay indoors, these solutions become all the more important. They almost become your second line of defense, the first being social-distancing, washing hands frequently, and self-quarantining.
Aztil AC provides indoor air quality solutions to the residents of West Palm Beach, Florida. We understand that the times are uncertain, but even then, we have taken a pledge to help you keep your family safe. Your safety comes first and foremost. Our technicians adhere to all the precautions to ensure that your safety does not get compromised. If you have any queries or concerns, reach out to us at +1-888-729-8452.