As residents of Florida, you know what to expect of Palm Beach weather. The summers are hot and dry and the winters no better with some interspersed showers to soothe the parching earth. Needless to say, staying cool and living & working in well ventilated and climate controlled spaces is a top priority.
The solution is simple, secure, and right in front of you. All you need is a dependable HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) service provider. HVAC is a technology that gives you a comfortable environment by controlling the temperature, humidity levels, and air quality in your building. So, worry no more and allow us to guide you in choosing a reliable service provider for HVAC in West Palm Beach.
What Do HVAC Service Providers Really Do?
Let’s clear the basics first. If you think you can do it all by yourself, it’s time to rethink. There’s a reason why HVAC is a job for the professionals. Having said that it is necessary to know what they really do. HVAC service providers or contractors:
✔ Specialize in the setting-up and upkeep of furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, ducts, and central air conditioners.
✔ Advice the client on the best equipment to buy, which satisfies their needs both financially and operationally.
Now that you know why professional help is a wise decision, it’s time to choose the best contractor of HVAC in West Palm Beach.
How To Select Best HVAC Service Provider
Selecting the best service provider for HVAC in West Palm Beach is no biggie. But financially, it is a matter of great trust and responsibility. You don’t want to get ripped-off. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while selecting an HVAC service provider.
- A Truck & Logo Does Not Make A Professional – Just because the guy had a nice, big shiny truck with an attractive logo claiming to be an HVAC contractor does not actually make him so. Don’t fall for this age-old trick. It’s a common practice to fool people into thinking they are getting specialized assistance. At best they are just plain and straightforward handymen who know how to tinker around things.
- Do Not Entertain Bids On Phone – A technician can neither see your building nor your existing HVAC equipment on the phone. So how can an estimate or bid given on the phone be accurate? Be cautious of such people. There are so many things that need to be checked like age of equipment, condition of ducts, type of insulation, etc. that together determine the amount you will have to spend realistically. None of this can be judged without an actual inspection. Phone bids may look more appealing because of low costs, but in the long run, they will keep on piling expense after expense.
- Check Their License – The Contractors State License Board requires all service providers to be licensed in order to protect the consumers. It is, therefore, mandatory, for all HVAC contractors to have a valid license. Many contractors operate under the radar and mislead the consumers by claiming to be license holders.
Be wary of contractors who claim to have a permit but refrain from actually showing it to you. If they are legal, there is no viable reason for not presenting it when asked. Remember it is only the experts who get the license so all handymen types will try to confuse you with words and technical jargon so that you forget why it is important.
- Ask For A Written Bid – It is easy to go back on words in the absence of solid proof. However, once written, it is not possible to retract because you can always show the intent in writing. Insist on written bids so that there are no confusions later on. Also worst come to worst, if you ever have to prove in the court of law a written contract is legal and binding. To save future uncertainties insist on a written estimate always.
- Check Experience Claims – Technology changes and so HVAC service providers need to keep on their toes, continually upgrading their skills. Do not fall for claims that portray the contractor to be in business for the last 10 or 15 years. If they haven’t updated their knowledge and skills, their experience is for naught. As against that, a relatively new contractor working with new technology will give you better service.
Talking to people who have used the said HVAC service provider will help you gain a better perspective. Even online reviews can help save the day for you. Important is checking and verifying their skill level and not just banking on the years of experience.
- Do Not Trust Contractor Who Replaces Old Unit With A Similar New One – As already stated above, technology is continuously upgrading. As such, when it is time to replace your old HVAC unit, you should upgrade with something new and far better. Think for a moment is a 2019 Toyota Camry better or a couple of years older version of it. Similar is the case with HVAC units.
Today, emission and other regulatory norms are far more stringent as compared to those 5, 10, or even 15 years back. So an upgrade to what you had previously will be far better suited to both your health and finances.
HVAC West Palm Beach
Choosing the most suitable HVAC contractor is a matter of paying attention to little things that often get overlooked. A little knowledge and some research will pay you well in the long run. Many HVAC service providers whole and sole aim is to hustle you for more money. While yours is to not fall in their trap. If you are looking for good, dependable and value for money service providers of HVAC in West Palm Beach, look us up. We are the Elite Team, and our aim is to serve your needs. Be wise, be informed, and make a decision that is the best for you.
For more information, call us at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are one of the best air conditioning companies in the area, making sure your home stays dry. We can be reached at 888-729-8452, or you can fill out our online contact form.