The weather in Florida is predominantly hot and humid with mild winters. Hence, air conditioners run non-stop in homes and offices to keep everyone cool and comfortable. Continuous long hours of running takes a toll on these machines, and inadvertently their cooling capacity declines. It happens due to wear and tear and lack of maintenance. Hoping for the best, without taking care of the air conditioner, will land people in a soup. Routine annual maintenance of the AC by a trained professional is essential to the well-being of the equipment. But did you know that this annual AC tune-up can also save you money?
Ways In Which Preventive AC Maintenance Saves Money
Preventive AC maintenance is good for everyone, homeowners, and business owners alike. Following it, stringently can and will save you money in different ways. Here are a few of them:
1. Lower Energy Bills – As the air conditioner runs continuously, it loses a portion of its efficiency. Due to this, each subsequent year is a little less comfortable than the previous one. When the unit’s efficiency drops, it means that it starts consuming more power to give the same output. When the power consumption increases, so do the monthly energy bill. What most people don’t realize is that loss of efficiency is not a permanent occurrence. If one strictly follows the AC maintenance schedule, a portion of the lost efficiency can be recovered. Studies prove that with a regular tune-up, an AC can retain approximately 95% of its original efficiency. It follows the cost of AC maintenance can quickly be recovered through monetary savings on the monthly energy bills.
2. Fewer Repairs – Commercial heating and cooling systems have a life of around 15 to 20 years. Some systems last that long, and others breathe their last way quicker. Machines that often spoil usually don’t function for long, while those that work flawlessly will survive their full lifespan. Averting situations that could result in repairs is critical. The only way to achieve this objective is through regular preventive AC maintenance. AC repairs don’t always come cheap, and when you add labor costs to it, the amount increases even more. If your unit is well maintained. it will not demand any expensive repairs, and that is a straightaway saving.
3. Extended Life Of The Air Conditioner – Neglect is the biggest culprit behind air conditioning units falling into disrepair. Those units that fall prey to lack of care breakdown often. As mentioned above, well-maintained AC units last longer as they are rarely, if ever, in need of major repairs. During maintenance itself, all those issues are addressed, which could otherwise lead to malfunctions. It can rightfully be said that maintenance or tune-up is actually a proactive action. It is taken to keep the unit working effectively and efficiently for the complete duration of its useful product life.
4. Improved Health – The HVAC system installed in your home or office plays a significant role in keeping the occupants or residents healthy. Most Americans spend a major portion of their time indoors, whether in office or at home. Air conditioning units that do not see timely and regular maintenance are sources of poor ventilation and result in deterioration of airflow. This leads to the growth of allergens, bacteria, viruses, and mold in the building leading to illness and ailments. If the HVAC unit is well maintained, it will improve the indoor air quality keeping the inhabitants hale and hearty. It will increase their productivity and also save the money spent on doctor’s bills.
5. Protects Other Pieces Of Equipment – Many owners of air conditioners conveniently forget that their AC performs the important task of humidity control along with improving the indoor air quality. Both humidity and pollutants in the air can spoil the other equipment inside the building by making it dirty or moist. Dirty circuit boards often result in spoilt equipment. In the same manner, excessive moisture causes corrosion and growth of algae, which can cause damage to machines as well as the building itself. Getting them repaired will be no child’s play, as it will be a significant expenditure. Annual AC maintenance is the surest way to save money spent on such unnecessary repairs.
Preventive Maintenance Is Better Option Than Reactive Maintenance
The idea behind preventive maintenance is to ensure that the occupants of a home or office remain comfortable even during the peak of the season. Typically, AC maintenance is carried out during spring to catch all the small problems, which could escalate to bigger issues due to continuous use. Essentially, what it does is gives the guarantee that your cooling unit will work without any breakdowns. Hence, you pay for the AC maintenance and save on the unnecessary and avoidable repair costs.
Reactive maintenance, on the other hand, is nothing but maintenance along with the repair. Usually, reactive maintenance is done when the unit develops a noticeable problem or fault. So, you pay for two things – repair and maintenance, which could have been easily cut-down to one with preventive maintenance.
Preventive AC Maintenance By Trained Professionals Only
Your HVAC is an expensive piece of equipment. It should only be handled by experts. Though many contractors claim to be doing the job for a number of years, trust your equipment only in the care of trained and licensed technicians. Don’t fall prey to scams where they offer the maintenance service for very low figures. It is a specialized technical activity that takes time, so it doesn’t come cheap by any means.
Aztil Air Conditioning For All Your Heating And Cooling Needs
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned business operating for more than 30 years in West Palm Beach, Florida. We are a one-stop-shop for meeting all your heating and cooling needs. Offering a full suite of HVAC services like installation, repair, and maintenance, we ensure that your comfort never gets compromised. Our office is open 24/7 so that you don’t have to suffer and wait for a more convenient time. Anytime is a good time to call us. Tp book an appointment or make use of our emergency services, pick your phone and dial +1-888-729-452.