There are two very diverse schools of thought when it comes to air duct cleaning. One believes that it is essential and a necessary evil, while the other believes it is a plain and simple wastage of money. Needless to say, the first group is the HVAC contractors, and the second group, the homeowners and building managers. Instead of getting into the right and wrong, let us understand where these thoughts come from.
The Importance Of Air Duct Cleaning
The air ducts are closed passageways from which the air entering your home passes. These long passages provide the most suitable grounds for mold, germs, bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens to thrive. Any contaminants or build-ups inside the ducts lead to poor air quality indoors. It happens because the passing air picks up the contaminants and spreads them throughout the home or building. If you want good air quality indoors, air duct cleaning is essential.
Why Some People Think Air Duct Cleaning Is Wastage Of Money
“The ducts in my home have been there forever. To my knowledge, no one cleaned them, and nobody ever fell ill. Then why should I waste money now.” This is what many people think, and therein lies the root of the thought that duct cleaning is just a scam by contractors to make more money. These people failed to notice was how often their family members fell ill and the severity of their illness compared to those homes that did duct cleaning every couple of years. The comparison itself will show you the baselessness of the thinking.
Just because your predecessors did not invest in air duct cleaning, do not commit the same folly. Times have changed, and taking care of your health is your own business and nobody else’s. Why then take a risk when you very well know that duct cleaning will only give you more benefits and cause no harm other than the money spent?
Frequency Of Air Duct Cleaning
The ideal frequency for air duct cleaning is between 3 to 5 years. Those homes that fulfill any one or more of the below conditions should get it done every three years.
1. You own pets (they are known to shed hair and dander).
2. Pests infest your home from time to time despite appropriate treatment.
3. You or someone else in the home is used to smoking indoors.
4. Pollution is high in your neighborhood.
5. You live in an area where dust storms are a common occurrence.
6. The humidity in your locality is high most of the year.
Other than that, you may have to break the chain and go for duct cleaning immediately under certain situations. Here is a glimpse at some such circumstances:
1. When You Get Some Remodeling Done – Remodeling the home means tearing down portions of walls or floor, adding new rooms, sanding, painting, cleaning, etc. All these activities stir up dust, debris, and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). Most of these will find their way inside the ducts and settle. But they will keep coming back indoors with the circulating air. You may wonder what the harm in that is? Well, these are all allergens that can cause severe to mild allergies depending on their concentration indoors and your body’s constitution. Duct cleaning is the surest way to crop the problem before it can take root.
2. When You Move Into A New Home That Was Previously Lived In – When you move into a previously lived home, it is best to get the ducts cleaned immediately. We stress this point as you may not know about their personal habits, adequateness of cleaning regime, and illness in the family. In such a case, it is hard to fathom what lives inside the air ducts. To start on the right foot, begin your stay with professional air duct cleaning so that the past is wiped clean from them.
Only Professionals For Air Ducts Cleaning West Palm Beach
Homeowners and building managers cannot undertake the cleaning of ducts on their own. There are a couple of reasons why we ask people to refrain from being overly ambitious in this regard – the top reason being that the regular household equipment is inappropriate for intensive duct cleaning. Professional duct cleaners use industrial grade truck-mounted vacuum cleaners with long hoses to reach the ductwork’s furthermost corners.
The other reason is that you can do more harm than good to the ducts when trying to clean them yourself. The material of the ducts is such that it can tear with relative ease if not handled carefully. Since professional duct cleaners are well versed in the entire process along with its careful handling, they are the best candidates to undertake such tasks.
For air duct cleaning in West Palm Beach, you can contact Aztil Air Conditioning at +1-888-729-8452.
Finding The Best Company For Air Ducts Cleaning West Palm Beach
When it comes to air duct cleaning, you should obviously go with a company that takes its job seriously and is trustworthy. Typically, a local reputable company that is used by others in your neighborhood is a good bet. However, do check their reviews on popular networks to gain better insight into their dependability. Your final decision should wholly and solely be based on plain and simple facts.
Aztil Air Conditioning For Air Ducts Cleaning West Palm Beach
Aztil Air Conditioning is a name synonymous with trust and quality HVAC services in West Palm Beach. We are a family-owned business specializing in all things about domestic and commercial heating and cooling systems. Installations, replacements, repairs, maintenance, and air duct cleaning, we do it all. If you have still not scheduled the duct cleaning for your home or building, give us a call today at +1-888-729-8452. We work even on holidays and weekends, so you needn’t worry about us. Allow us to schedule an appointment at your convenience. Do give us a chance to wow you with our professionalism and impeccable work.