The pandemic COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and affecting the entire world. This disease, caused by Coronavirus, has all the nations scrambling and everybody concerned. At such times, Aztil Air Conditioning makes the health and safety of your family, an unquestionable top priority. We sell, service, and maintain energy-efficient and environment-friendly equipment that can help improve the indoor air quality of your home.
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the Coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). SARS is the acronym for Severe Acute `Respiratory Syndrome, which was first identified in the year 2003.
The symptoms of COVID-19 resemble those of the common flu. However, it is indeed a much more severe condition. It is primarily because most people have by now developed immunity to the common flu strains, but COVID-19 is a new virus, and hence, people are yet not immune to it.
The common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
2. Body ache.
5. Upset stomach.
6. Difficulty in breathing (in severe cases).
Impact Of Indoor Air Quality On Your Health
We don’t generally pay much heed to the indoor air quality. As long as the home is comfortable, everything is fine and dandy. But that does not mean we are breathing in clean and healthy air. It just means that our health is robust enough to tide us over the ailments that poor indoor air quality can induce. However, everybody is not that lucky, especially the infants and the aged. In both these age groups, the immunity is quite low.
You can judge the significance of the indoor air quality from the mere fact that the US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) ranks it as one of the top five environmental risks to human health. The situation becomes even direr, considering that people spend the vast majority of their time indoors, in homes or offices, sometimes shopping in malls and eating in restaurants – all of these being closed spaces.
The need of the hour is an HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) system that is able to maintain the flow of fresh air indoors so that the air quality does not deteriorate.
How A Good HVAC Unit Can Help You Stay Healthy
Restoring appropriate humidity levels, removing stale air, and killing the bacteria floating in the air are just some of the things that a good indoor air quality equipment can achieve. The good news is that it is integrated with your HVAC equipment and the standing ductwork of your home. The job of integration is critical, and so it should be carried out by a qualified and insured professional only. The team at Aztil AC fulfills both these requirements.
Here are some indoor air quality solutions that you may wish to acquire for your home:
1. Ultraviolet antibacterial lamps or the UV lamps that have the capability to eliminate biological contaminants like viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and such.
2. Whole house In-Duct air purifiers that can purge your home of pollen, dust, and dander.
3. Whole-house air filtration units that can capture contaminants like viruses, bacteria, dust, and pollen.
4. Whole-house humidification and dehumidification systems that can restore the humidity levels in your home to a healthier range.
5. ERVs or the Energy Recovery Ventilators that drain the stale air indoors and bring in the much-needed fresh and treated air from the outdoors.
Are Indoor Air Quality HVAC Equipments Used Elsewhere?
Most medical institutions, like hospitals and medical colleges, along with nursing homes and critical-care homes, use indoor air quality equipment. Even industrial facilities and large offices make use of them. Their popularity itself is an indication of their effectiveness and efficiency. They are intended to keep the occupants inside any building, home, or office, healthy and comfortable.
Not using such equipment in places where many people work or stay can prove to be detrimental to their health. If one person suffers from an ailment, the poor air quality will make others also fall ill by transporting the bacteria or virus from one place to another through the circulating air. The indoor air quality HVAC equipment traps these biological contaminants and limits the spreading of disease.
Things You Can Do To Minimize The Chances Of Infection
If you think that the HVAC equipment that improves the indoor air quality will prevent you from falling ill, you are running o the wrong track. It will only reduce the chances of you falling ill, and that is all. But all is not lost. There is a lot you can do to minimize your chances of falling prey to COVID-19.
Though the Coronavirus does not survive beyond a couple of hours on most surfaces, it can still survive for many days on door handles and such. Taking care of your personal hygiene will play a pivotal role in keeping you safe from it. The SARS-CoV-2 virus spreads through respiratory outlets, and so the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the following practices:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water, scrubbing them for at least 20 seconds, frequently.
2. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with dirty hands. If you want to cough or sneeze, suddenly do it in the “V” of your elbow.
3. Wipe clean the door handles and light switches if they are used frequently.
4. Maintain a safe distance of at least 3 feet from everyone, even more, if anyone is coughing and sneezing. This is what social distancing is all about. You do not enter anybody’s personal space anymore.
5. If you are not feeling well, stay home, and self-quarantine. Ask your family members also to stay away until you are completely well.
The sad reality of life is that there is nothing that can guarantee you complete safety from illness of any kind. Let us not get disheartened for the modern-day HVAC equipment go a long way in minimizing your exposure to the illness-causing bacteria and viruses. If you couple it with good hygiene practices, you have a fairly good shot at deceiving most illnesses.
At Aztil AC, we are determined to educate you about health and safety measures that you can employ with your HVAC equipment to make your home a healthy home.