The annual AC tune-up is not a matter to be taken lightly. Your comfort and that of your family depend on it. In fact, it also determines the life expectancy of your air conditioner. Honestly, the problem is not in scheduling the maintenance, but getting the right skill set of people to do it. Every year the homeowners are bombarded with discount coupons, special offers, and attractive prices by different contractors aiming to get your business. Have you ever thought about how many of them are genuine, and how many scams? Sadly in this business, there are all sorts of characters, and you have to use your common sense and judgment to make the right choice. To help make your job easy today, we will discuss the 3 mistakes that you should not commit when scheduling an AC tune-up.
Don’t Make These 3 Mistakes When Scheduling An AC Tune-Up
More than mistakes, these are the three errors of judgment that the homeowners should try and not make. Committing even one of these blunders will lead you to an untrained and unprofessional HVAC contractor.
1. Engaging Companies That Offer No Guarantee – There is no use employing a company for maintenance of the air conditioner if they don’t turn up when your AC breaks down. Ideally, a reputable contractor will always offer prompt and preferential addressing of issues with the heating and cooling system if you are their existing customer. At the time of AC tune-up, the technician also inspects the unit for any budding problems. So, when the unit does malfunction, they who inspected it last, are the most suitable people to take care of it. That is why you must always hire a contractor who stands by his work and promises to address the issues as and when they arise. You should only hire a contractor who gives you some guarantee that they will take care of all the AC troubles in the near future.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we never leave our customers waiting or wanting more.
2. Hiring A Company With Bad Reviews – Yes, there is always a disgruntled customer behind every bad review. But don’t just discount their experience. A majority of them actually have a valid reason for being annoyed with the company. When a contractor repeatedly earns poor reviews, it is because they are unable to meet the needs of their customers satisfactorily. So before you finalize a contractor to service your air conditioner, look for their history online. You can even check for the reviews on the various review sites Angie’s List, Facebook reviews, Google reviews, etc. However, don’t just depend on what the people are saying online. It helps to ask your friends, acquaintances, and neighbors as well. Look up the physical location of their office to validate their existence. Mostly, companies or contractors with a bad reputation post a fake address for their office location. They try to outsmart their customers using the address of abandoned buildings or warehouses. Using Google Maps, you can now quickly check the authenticity of their claim.
3. Hiring A Contractor Who Gives The Lowest Price Quote – Cheap may sound good, but it may leave you completely unsatisfied in terms of service. Cutting corners, wherever possible, is not always a good practice. Usually, there is a pre-determined price range attached to the HVAC maintenance activity. The variations occur due to the type of unit, ease of access to the unit, and other such factors. Generally, the cheapest are those contractors who fail to do a thorough tune-up job. It may be so because of their half baked knowledge, limited equipment, lax attitude, or scheming nature. Unfortunately, this industry is flooded with people who are out to make a quick buck and still call themselves professionals. You should beware of them and not get caught in their clutches simply because they promise to do the AC maintenance for the lowest figure.
Tips To Choosing The Right Contractor
With a little research and due diligence, you can choose the most appropriate contractor to carry out the AC maintenance work. Here are a few tips to get you started on the right path:
1. Always look for an HVAC contractor who operates in your local area. If they have an office in your locality, it is even better.
2. The HVAC contractor that you hire should be licensed by the state. Every state has different licensing rules. So your HVAC company should ideally be licensed to operate in your state.
3. Your HVAC company should be insured. The insurance document protects both the company and the homeowners from any financial loss that may arise due to an HVAC issue. Having insurance also speaks volumes about the professional conduct of the company and their commitment to the customers.
4. If you must look for the cheapest options, never compromise on the reputation of the company. Always go with a reputable company for the maintenance of your air conditioner. If need be, take advantage of their off-season discounts to get the best deal.
In The End
We know that it’s tiring to look for a good contractor who is trustworthy and capable of taking care of your AC tune-up. To make things easy, always check for the contractor’s reviews, hire a company that stands behind its work, and never fall for the age-old con of the lowest price tag. Apart from that, check their license and insurance to ensure that a trusted government body accredits the said company.
The residents of West Palm Beach, Florida, can breathe easy, for Aztil Air Conditioning meets all the requirements of a capable and trustworthy HVAC partner. Our air experts are well trained and experienced in handling all HVAC maintenance, repair, and installation work. To book an appointment, you can call us at any time at +1-888-729-8452.