Servicing the air conditioner every year is a piece of strict advice given by the professionals, but there is no law that makes it mandatory. Even the companies that do AC maintenance service in West Palm Beach will tell you the same. In such a case, it is natural for you to think, “Is the HVAC company trying to mint more money from you?”. If this thought has passed your mind, you need to read this article to understand why annual AC maintenance is recommended by professionals.
Does An AC Require Servicing Every Year?
Before we proceed, let us try and comprehend the importance of AC maintenance through an analogy. Does a doctor prescribe an annual physical examination each year for you and your family members? If he does that, is it to make more money from you? No, a doctor does not ask for a complete checkup of your health to scam you. He asks for it so that any illness can be caught well in time and treated before it becomes critical. The same is the reason why your HVAC company tells you to get the servicing of your AC done every year. It helps them to catch any issues building in your AC well in time and rectify them before they become more complicated.
Importance Of Servicing Your AC Every Year
There are several reasons why you should get your air conditioner serviced every year. Let’s have a brief look at them:
1. Catch Most Problems Beforehand – The common AC problems will have a definite tell; for example, cooling becomes erratic, the circuit breaker keeps tripping, etc. These are indicators of problems building within the AC. During the course of annual seasonal maintenance, your AC is given a thorough cleaning along with a change of air filters, coil cleaning, leak checks, and so on. If there is an issue that is seen during this time, it is settled immediately before it becomes more complex and costly to handle.
2. Reclaim Lost Efficiency – As your AC runs incessantly, its efficiency drops. It mostly happens due to natural wear and tear, accumulations, and continuous use. Annual maintenance sees to it that most of the lost efficiency is reclaimed so that the air conditioner continues to perform optimally in all seasons. If statistics are to be believed, annual maintenance helps to recover almost 95% of the lost efficiency.
3. Maintain Good Air Quality – Closed homes have to pay special attention to their air quality. If the quality of the air inside the house is terrible, you and your family member continue to inhale it. As a result, your family will suffer from more allergies and other health-related problems. If you are desirous of maintaining good air quality within your home, AC maintenance each year is the only solution. It will help get rid of all accumulations inside the ducts and the AC unit, along with sealing all the sources of leaks.
4. Prevent Overheating – Many times, even without any outward indication, your AC gets overheated. This happens when any component of the AC is operating under pressure. Servicing gives the technician a chance to identify such situations and their cause. Addressing these problems at the very onset will prevent overheating of the unit.
What Parts Of The AC Need To Be Serviced
If you have a checklist of parts that need to be inspected as a part of the annual maintenance, it is to your benefit. At least you will make sure that you get your money’s worth. So here is a checklist that makes your work easy –
1. Air Filter Replacement – With time, the air filters get dirty and as a result, clogged. This prevents the free flow of air and reduces the cooling efficiency of your AC. It can also put your AC under tremendous stress. As a part of annual maintenance, the air filters should be replaced.
2. Cleaning Of Coils – Both the evaporator coils and the condenser coils need to be cleaned. This helps to keep your AC unit energy efficient and last longer.
3. Leak Detection And Its Treatment – If there are any leaks in your system, it will have a direct impact on the efficiency of your unit. Additionally, you will feel that the temperature inside fluctuates and does not remain constant. The leaks could be in the form of air leaking through cracks in the ductwork to a refrigerant leak. Either situation is unacceptable, and all sources of the leak should be sealed.
4. Checking Refrigerant Levels – Another major check to be performed during servicing of AC each year is the level of refrigerant inside the evaporator coil. The refrigerant level has a direct relation to the cooling capability of the air conditioner, and hence, it should not be overlooked. If the refrigerant is (which happens due to leaks), it needs to be topped up to the prescribed level.
5. Machine Tune-Up – Your air conditioner consists of both mechanical and electrical parts. These need to be greased, tightened, or reset to keep your unit in perfect working order. Machine tune-up is a critical part of annual AC maintenance.
6. Unit Testing – Since the technician will be doing so many things to your air conditioning unit, it is but natural to check that at the end of it, your AC is running smoothly. Once the technician is through with all the aspects of maintenance and satisfied, he should switch on the unit for a couple of minutes to ensure that everything is working fine.
AC Maintenance Service West Palm Beach
Now that you know how important annual servicing of your air conditioner is, you would want to hire an HVAC company that is locally available and reliable. Aztil AC provides AC maintenance services in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our team of experts consists of thorough professionals with relevant experience in the HVAC field. If you book our services, we guarantee no delays and downtime. You get prompt services along with the resolution of problems because we completely understand how difficult it is to stay without your AC in any weather.