Going to the doctor for an annual checkup is good for your health. Usually, when you visit the medical practitioner, he runs a battery of tests on you to figure out your general health. These tests also show whether you are developing some illness or ailment and if so, you can get due aid before it becomes a full-blown serious issue. So, in the sense of speaking, your visit to the doctor is a preventive action against falling sick. And that is exactly the point behind commercial air conditioning maintenance. It prevents the popping of issues with your cooling system.
What Is Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance?
The term “Commercial AC Maintenance” is used for the maintenance of air conditioners on commercial properties. These places are not meant for domestic use, but business, and include stores and offices.
Importance Of Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance
The air conditioner installed in the office building or store is a necessity for your business. A cooling unit that is well cared for keeps the clients, customers, and employees happy and comfortable. This stimulates a productive and profitable environment to work. Keeping the air conditioning system running and that, too, efficiently is possible only through maintenance. Thus, it can be deduced that maintenance is critical to the efficiency and lifespan of the HVAC unit.
Benefits Of Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance
Now that you understand the importance of commercial air conditioning maintenance, it’s time to know its benefits.
1. Identify Issues Before They Become Significant – Prevention is always better than cure. In the case of air conditioners, the best way to achieve “Prevention” is through maintenance. The important thing to understand is that maintenance or tune-up involves many activities covering most problem areas in the air conditioners. It begins with a superficial inspection. After the inspection, the unit is opened to grease moving parts, tighten wires, and inspect all critical components. The system is also checked for wear and tear. If necessary, the worn-out parts are replaced. This is, however, not the end. The entire unit is given a thorough cleaning inside-out to get rid of all dust, debris, and accumulations. In all this, most problem causing scenarios are addressed, ensuring that the unit runs without malfunctioning until the next tune-up.
2. Increase The Lifespan Of The Cooling Unit – Most commercial air conditioners die early due to neglect. When there is no maintenance, small issues become big and also create other newer problems. By the time the technician arrives to rectify the troubles, things are already on the downslide. By now, no amount of repair will get you a reliable cooling system. The overall effect of this neglect is that the mechanical lifespan of your air conditioner falls. An air conditioner that was to last you 15 years goes belly-up within nine to ten years.
3. Cost Savings – It is normal for air conditioners to lose efficiency year after year. Seldom do business owners realize that, though one may not reclaim all the lost efficiency. Yet, a large portion of it can still be recovered through a tune-up. So instead of letting things slide, one should be attentive towards the maintenance schedule. The efficiency of the HVAC unit translates into cost savings. How? By merely using lesser power to cool the business premises. As units lose efficiency, they consume more and more power to produce the same amount of cooling as before. Hence, there is a steady rise in monthly power bills. On the other hand, with periodic annual maintenance, you can keep the increased power consumption in check. But that is not the only cost-saving. A well-maintained unit rarely ever needs any repairs, and if it does, it’s hardly ever on the costly side. So, that’s like a double bonanza – low power bills and small repair costs.
What Entails A Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance?
Now is the right time to know what to expect during a tune-up. As mentioned above, it consists of a series of activities that ensure the safety and efficiency of the cooling unit. Without much ado, here’s all that goes into it:
1. Superficial inspection of the unit to make sure that there is no apparent damage to it, accidental or otherwise.
2. An inspection of all the system components to make sure that they are in perfect working order. If anything is found lacking, it is either repaired or replaced. Usually, now is when all the oiling, greasing, and tightening is done.
3. The refrigerant or the coolant level is checked. If less, first, the source of its leak is identified and then sealed. Once the refrigerant line is secure, its level is topped-up to the prescribed level.
4. The coils are checked for signs of corrosion and cleaned to get rid of any build-ups.
5. A systems diagnostic check is carried out to verify that the unit is safe to run and working properly.
6. The thermostat is also given a thorough once over to ensure that it is securely held in place and has no loose connections.
7. The ductwork is inspected for leaks. If any are found, they are sealed, or that section of the ductwork is replaced.
8. The outdoor unit is checked for any accumulations or build-ups that could result in restriction of the flow of air.
9. The condenser coils and fins are cleaned along with the cleaning of the rest of the unit.
This is not an exhaustive list of activities undertaken during maintenance. It is just a mention of some of the most important checks done during maintenance. Since the actual catalog of activities is quite long, the maintenance work takes a couple of hours to complete.
Commercial air conditioning maintenance is important so that your office or store has a reliable cooling system. Typically, every air conditioner needs maintenance once a year and that, too, before the summer begins. It is a tedious technician activity that needs technical know-how and precision. So always use professional HVAC contractors for it.
For commercial air conditioning maintenance in West Palm Beach, call the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business that has been serving the customers for over 30 years. We have a team of over 100 well trained and experienced employees. You can rest assured that your HVAC and business are in good hands with us. We operate seven days a week and 24 hours a day. So anytime is a good time to call for our services. Reach out to us at +1-888-729-8452.