Ask any person who can’t get a night of restful sleep, and they will tell you how lucky you are if you can manage it. A good night’s sleep is paramount to your good health. When you sleep well, your body heals well, and you start the next day on a good note. But alas,...
Ask any person who can’t get a night of restful sleep, and they will tell you how lucky you are if you can manage it. A good night’s sleep is paramount to your good health. When you sleep well, your body heals well, and you start the next day on a good note. But alas, sometimes your home does not feel comfortable enough to get the elusive restful sleep. It happens especially during the hot summer months. So today, we shall tell you some HVAC hacks that will help you get a peaceful and comfortable sleep.
HVAC Hacks For A Restful Sleep
Your HVAC system or the heating and cooling system of your home plays a leading role in determining your sleep quality. It is because the environment in your home is majorly governed by it. Here are a few HVAC hacks that will help you make your home more conducive to getting a good night’s sleep.
1. Set Appropriate Temperature – Setting, too, high or, too, low temperature on the thermostat will never let you rest well. It will either make you feel cold or hot. Both of which go against getting a peaceful sleep. What you need is a comfortable temperature setting. One that does not let you get either too hot or too cold. The ideal temperature that will help you sleep better is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit to 67 degrees Fahrenheit. In this range of temperature, your body will feel most comfortable, and it is very likely that you will now sleep like a log without getting disturbed.
2. Use The Sleep Mode – While sleeping, the temperature of our body falls. This is a natural occurrence. Ideally, when your body’s temperature drops, the indoor temperature should rise in the same proportion to ward of any chill. If that does not happen, you start feeling cold after some time, and it disrupts your sleep as you have to get up to either cover yourself or increase the temperature setting on the thermostat. Using the sleep mode or programming your smart thermostat for temperature adjustment will take care of it automatically. Now, there is no need to get up and disrupt your sleep.
3. Keep The Fan On – If there is a ceiling fan in your bedroom, you can switch it on at low speed during the night. This will keep the air moving to make you feel relaxed. Sometimes its gentle hum creates a white noise that is enough to make you feel sleepy. If, however, your house does not have ceiling fans, don’t fret. Keep the fan of your HVAC system always on. Keeping the fan on will not put your heating and cooling system under any stress, and neither will it make a big dent in your pockets. A small step like this will help you and your family sleep better.
4. Keep A Check On Humidity – Humidity also tends to play a significant role in determining the comfort level at home. In summers, when the humidity is high, no matter how cool your home, one still lands up feeling clammy and sweaty. Similarly, in winters, when the humidity drops, dryness can make you itch like a dog and also bring on allergies. In short, if you want to get good rest, you need to ensure that the humidity level indoors is in sync with the weather outdoors. Hence, in summers, dehumidification is needed, and in winters, more humidity is called for. If you have a smart thermostat, you can configure it for appropriate humidity from season to season. In this manner, even when you sleep at night, the humidity does not add to your discomfort.
5. Ensure Annual Maintenance Of Your HVAC Unit – The annual maintenance cycle of the HVAC must be strictly adhered to. Servicing, maintenance, or tune-up, whatever you want to call it, is the best way to get the maximum benefit from your investment. It extends the life of your unit as a system that is well cared for gives minimal trouble. It works smoothly and efficiently to keep your house comfy all year round. Additionally, it keeps the operating sounds low, so there is no reason for you to get alarmed or disturbed while sleeping. Next time when you are tempted to do away with the HVAC maintenance to save some cash, do remember these small details.
Few Other HVAC Hacks That Will Help You Sleep Better
Here are a few other HVAC hacks that will make your house cozier and help you sleep better:
1. Change the air filters once a month to keep the air flowing smoothly, without any restrictions.
2. Do not try to extend your aged HVAC system’s life as it will add to your financial and mental woes.
3. Keep the vents clean and free of any build-ups.
4. When it comes to repairs and maintenance, allow only trained and experienced HVAC technicians to work on your unit.
5. Make sure that the insulation is proper in all places, including the attic, so that there is no mixing of treated and untreated air.
Sleeping like a baby is not a pipedream. You can achieve it too. All one needs to do is create a relaxing and comfortable environment. Your HVAC system will help you achieve this task in good measure. Keeping the above-mentioned hacks in mind, you can create the most suitable relaxing environment for your family. Other than that, dim the lights and switch off all your devices with screens like mobile phones, tablets, TV, etc., at least half an hour prior to bedtime. Together, these activities will help you sleep better and wake up brighter the next day.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned HVAC business in West Palm Beach, Florida, dedicated to taking care of your residential and commercial HVAC systems. Our team of air experts is always at your disposal to help make your home as comfortable as possible. We are your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs, handling all jobs like installations, repairs, maintenance, and replacements. Unlike others in the business, we are open 24/7 to handle all situations promptly without keeping you waiting for a more appropriate time. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452 at any time.
All of us wish to avoid any problem with the heating and cooling system. But, wanting and getting are two very different things. Nevertheless, you can still limit these occurrences with annual maintenance.
Welcome Troublefree Winters With Aztil’s Furnace Maintenance Service In West Palm Beach
Routine annual maintenance or preventive maintenance of the furnace is the best way to enjoy the cold weather without any fear of breakdowns. The air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach, Florida, can help on this front.
The Need For Furnace Maintenance Service
Let’s have a quick look at why furnace maintenance is essential.
1. Helps Regain Most Of The Lost Efficiency – It is natural for a furnace that runs long hours to undergo a lot of wear and tear. In turn, slowly and steadily, its efficiency declines. If you’ve ever noticed, at the beginning of the season your heating system’s performance is excellent. Then, close towards the end of the season, you will find a downward spiral in its operations. This is nothing but lost efficiency. A tune-up will help reclaim a large part of lost efficiency.
2. Reduces The Heating Cost – As the efficiency of the heating system or the furnace declines, you will notice a steep increase in the cost of heating. Such an occurrence is natural. It means that the unit needs more energy to carry out the same task in the same quantity – consequently, the heating cost increases. Proper tune-up or maintenance of the furnace ensures a reduction in heating costs without compromising comfort indoors.
3. Decrease In Repair Bills – A well-maintained machine seldom breaks down unexpectedly. The same is true for your furnace. Since most issues that can crop up due to long working hours are taken care of during the maintenance itself, there are lesser chances of further problems. Yet, if something does malfunction, it will ideally not be an expensive repair. If you doubt this fact, try and compare notes with someone who never gets their heating cooling system maintained. The conclusion will help you understand how maintenance dramatically reduces the chances of unwarranted faults and breakdowns.
4. Increases Life Expectancy Of The Unit – A furnace that is not well cared for will undoubtedly go bust very soon. A strictly followed furnace maintenance schedule keeps the unit in top working order. Since the parts are well cared for and tuned, repaired, or replaced well in time, the unit barely ever works under strain. As a result, your unit will run longer and better than those that are barely ever maintained.
5. Keeps Manufacturer Warranty Intact – Furnace manufacturers give a warranty on their products subject to some conditions. Routine maintenance of the furnace is one such thing. Failing to fulfill it can cause the warrant to lapse even if your heating unit is new. Thus, if you wish to take advantage of the manufacturer’s warranty, ensure that you follow a strict maintenance plan for your new furnace.
Frequency Of Furnace Maintenance
Now that you fully understand why furnace maintenance service is essential, the next step is to understand its correct frequency and time. Ideally, the furnace maintenance should be carried out in the fall, right before the cold weather sets in. But did you know you can get more out of your furnace if you actually got it done right before the first use and immediately after the last one of the season? If not, it is something for you to consider for the next time. Also, bear in mind, timely maintenance is desirable. Nevertheless, if you cannot get it done for some reason, you should still aim to fulfill it at the next opportune moment instead of forgoing it completely.
Aztil AC Delivers Exceptional Furnace Maintenance Service In West Palm Beach
An immaculately maintained furnace means a system that is given due care periodically. Such a unit will always be in tip-top shape as compared to those that suffer neglect. Needless to say, this small activity will ultimately decide how comfortable and relaxing your home or office is during the cold winter months.
Aztil Air Conditioning delivers exceptional furnace maintenance in West Palm Beach. Do you know why we are considered the best? This is why…
1. The technicians at Aztil AC are thorough professionals certified by NATE.
2. They are experienced in all jobs related to HVAC systems, including installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance.
3. We also deliver solutions for improving indoor air quality.
4. Our services are prompt, professional, and affordable.
5. We handle all HVAC emergencies.
6., Unlike others, our doors are open 24/7 and 365 days a year.
A Glimpse Of How We Do Furnace Maintenance
The maintenance routine begins with a complete inspection of the unit’s exterior and interior.
1. The gas burners are given a thorough cleaning.
2. The heat exchanger is checked for cracks.
3. The blower fan and motor are checked and scrubbed clean.
4. Airflow is monitored.
5. To ensure safe heating, the gas valve is checked for correct fuel supply pressure.
6. The unit is inspected for corrosion, loose wires, and worn out components.
7. The carbon monoxide detector is also given a once over to guarantee its proper work.
Finally, corrective action is taken where necessary to ensure safe heating of your living space or working area.
This winter season, if your furnace has not yet received a tune-up, do call Aztil Air Conditioning at +1-888-729-8452. In case the furnace is in need of repairs, book an appointment by calling the same number. Allow us to guarantee your comfort this winter through our outstanding furnace maintenance service. Our technicians are all trained and certified to work on all types of systems. With ample experience under their belts, they are sure to wow you with their dedication to work, quality service, and professionalism. If you wish, you can also enroll in our annual membership plan and extend the life of your heating and cooling system. Additionally, we also provide HVAC system installation, repairs, and maintenance. When in need, call us at your convenience to book an appointment and experience world-class service.
Buying a new furnace for your brand new home or upgrading your old furnace with a better model…you require furnace installation services. Getting things done right begins with the accurate installation of the furnace itself.
We Assure Precise Furnace Installation Service In West Palm Beach
Furnace repairs and tune-ups are not out only forte. We excel in furnace installations as well. We have the process down to a pat. It’s completely fuss-free and does not leave your home or building in disorder.
Wondering why we are so sure of the quality and precision of our service?
We have full confidence in the expertise and experience of our employees, and that is why we are always sure of providing the best-in-class service. To help build your faith, here are some facts about our technicians and us:
1. Our technicians are out and out complete professionals with NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification.
2. They have years of experience in the field, handling all kinds of HVAC jobs.
3. Their knowledge is most up to date in industry standards and practices. From time to time, they undergo training to keep abreast of the changes.
4. Our technicians perform all jobs with full integrity and don’t cut corners. As a result, we always stand by the work done by them.
5. We guarantee complete customer satisfaction, and hence, no job is complete until the customer is happy.
Why Professional Furnace Installation?
There are many things that one can do as a DIY activity, but furnace installation isn’t one of them. It is a job for HVAC professionals. We do not say this simply because we want to promote our business. Yes, that is our intention, but so is your comfort and well-being. Here are some reasons for your consideration that validate the need for furnace installation by professionals:
1. Knowledge Is Necessary For Accurate Furnace Installation – If you don’t know what you are doing, there is no way you can do it correctly. Watching a bunch of YouTube videos will not make you experts. They will just give you the basic information. Alas, the basic knowledge will not allow you to do a justifiable job. Until and unless you understand each part of the furnace and how it fits into the complete picture, you are not equipped to handle furnace installation on your own. Remember, you may land up doing more harm to the unit and paying much more to get it operational once again.
2. Requires Special Skill Set – Handling the tools and equipment needed to install the furnace is not everybody’s cup of tea. One needs to have a special skill set to understand what to use, where, and how. For example, you may have to repair some part of the duct, and if you lack the skill to work with sheet metal, you might hurt yourself or do the job incorrectly.
3. Correct Tools And Equipment Are Essential – Speaking about the tools and equipment for installation of the furnace, these are most likely not going to be a part of your regular toolbox. Purchasing them is going to be expensive, and even then, you may not know for sure whether what you are buying is of the correct size or not.
4. Safety Standards Need To Be Followed – Your safety and that of the furnace is of paramount importance. You need to take precautions, wear protective gear, and handle the unit carefully at all times. Being a homeowner and not an installation professional is your biggest drawback. It makes you negligent of the safety practices that are in place and required to be followed. Lack of full technical know-how may lead you to overlook certain aspects of the safety regulations that are actually industry set standards. As a result, there are high chances of you doing some harm to the unit or yourself due to limited knowledge and negligence.
5. Warranty – The manufacturer says that the furnace should be installed and maintained by HVAC professionals only. Overlooking this aspect and undertaking the installation on your own will nullify the manufacturer’s warranty on your heating system. God forbid, but if you make any mistakes and some component of the unit goes bust, you will have to pay from your pocket to remedy the situation despite the unit being brand new.
What Happens During A Furnace Installation
Let’s not talk about the technical aspects of the furnace installation. Instead, allow us to give an overview of what we shall do.
1. Protective Gear And Clean Installation – Keeping your home clean and you safe, is our foremost concern. Therefore, our technicians will not only don protective shoe coverings to keep your home dust-free but will also wear N95 masks to ensure your safety. We also use drop cloths all around the installation site to contain the mess.
2. Installation By Experts – You can rest assured that qualified and experienced technicians will carry out the furnace installation.
3. Revaluation Of Installation – Once the actual furnace installation is over and completed, we recheck our job to be sure that nothing is amiss. We go over the complete checklist to ensure that everything is as it should be and that the unit is running smoothly. Once we are satisfied, only then shall we take your leave and close the work order.
4. Exceeding Expectations – We always make sure that your new furnace adheres to the local code. We also go that extra mile to give you a taste of best-in-class service, something that no one else does anymore.
Request A Furnace Installation Service By Aztil AC In West Palm Beach
If you wish to keep the warranty on your brand new furnace intact, do not ever lag in its annual maintenance. Aztil Air Conditioning is a one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. We work in South Florida and handle everything, including HVAC installations and repairs. Since we are always open and prompt in handling all emergencies, you don’t have to wait for a convenient time and suffer more than necessary. To book an appointment, call us today at +1-888-729-8452.
The furnace installed in your home or office is the savior in the winter season. But alas, they have a fixed life. Sometimes recurring problems make it necessary to replace the furnace and other times the reason is its age. No matter the exact cause, the heating and cooling equipment’s replacement becomes a necessity based on the circumstances.
When it becomes clear that furnace replacement is the next order of business, the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach, Florida, have your back. From start to finish, we shall take care of all that needs to be done. Assisting you every step of the way, we shall help you find the best furnace within your budget and deliver it at your doorstep.
When To Replace The Furnace
Being prepared for replacement is fine, but that does not mean that one has to think about replacement every time there is a fault. Since most problems are rectifiable, you need to think of replacement only when certain conditions are fulfilled. Without much ado, here is a list of those conditions:
1. If The Furnace Is More Than 10 Years Old – The usual Life expectancy of a furnace is 15 to 20 years. If your furnace is older than 10 years and nearing the 15 years mark, it is wise to think about replacement. In the last 10 years, technology has changed so much that a new furnace is bound to serve you better despite the expensive investment.
2. If The Need For Repairs Is Constant – Assuming that trained and certified technicians have always carried out your furnace repairs, if it still demands constant repairs, it means that the system is nearing its productive life. Towards the end, any unit, no matter how good and well taken care of, will start giving frequent troubles. It is the unit’s way of letting you know that its end is in sight, and it would be better for you to be prepared for the day that it ultimately dies.
3. The Cost Of Repairs Is Touching The Sky – If the cumulative cost of repairs during each successive year is showing an increasing trend, it is indicative of the fact that to keep the unit running, you have to spend more and more. This is a losing battle financially. At the most, your furnace should need minor repairs from time to time, that is if you see to its annual maintenance religiously. If it is digging bigger and deeper holes in your pockets every year that passes, chucking it and investing in a better furnace would be ideal. Though the expense may seem extreme to bear, it will pay for itself without becoming a nuisance in the long run.
4. Getting Spares Is Becoming Impossible – There comes a time when getting the original spares for repairs becomes increasingly difficult. It usually happens when the technology becomes outdated and is being phased out. Buying spares for old units is not only difficult but also very expensive, and sometimes it is troublesome as well. If you don’t wish to be caught unaware, replace your old furnace when the technician tells you that it’s time.
5. There Is No Energy Savings – Despite maintenance and taking care of the furnace, if the utility bills still increase month after month, the time is ripe for furnace replacement. It means that there is no more juice left in the furnace to work efficiently. The unit is slowing down and has to work harder. As a result, it fails on the efficiency parameter repeatedly.
Some More Indicators That Point Towards Furnace Replacement
A couple more clues that lead to the inference that furnace replacement is due or will be shortly are:
1. Hot and cold spots inside your home that were not there earlier.
2. The furnace cycles on and off frequently and does not blow hot air.
3. The furnace is making a racket. The noise is too high, even after maintenance and repairs.
4. The flame of the burner has turned yellow, which is indicative of incomplete combustion.
5. The carbon monoxide detector goes off frequently to warn of a gas leak.
Aztil Air Conditioning For Comprehensive Furnace Replacement Service In West Palm Beach
Aztil Air Conditioning delivers comprehensive furnace replacement service in West Palm Beach, Florida. Right from providing energy-efficient, variable-speed furnace options, we also take care of uninstalling the old one and replacing it with the new one. Additionally, we do repairs, inspections, and tune-ups, to keep your furnace well maintained and in top working order.
Aztil also offers its client’s 12-month financing, which means that on approval, we deliver the new unit to you either the same day or the very next. When you partner with us, you don’t have to suffer unnecessarily. We are here to see you through the thick and thin of HVAC troubles.
Partner With Aztil Air Conditioning Because…
…you need the reasons, well, here they are:
1. The technicians at Aztil AC are all NATE certified.
2. They are experienced and thorough professionals who work with complete integrity.
3. We always stand by the job we do.
4. Our services are affordable and in sync with the industry standards.
5. Prompt action, complete problem resolution, customer satisfaction, and convenience are our top-most goals.
6. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year.
7. We handle all HVAC emergencies on a priority basis.
8. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our technicians follow all the safety guidelines as prescribed by the World Health Organization.
Aztil Air Conditioning is not just a business. For us, it is a way of life. We believe there is no alternative to good old hard work, so we give every job our 100%. To experience our quality work and professionalism, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452. Allow us to give your heating and cooling system the tender loving care that is due. Help us help you. Call today!
Why let a broken or malfunctioning furnace put a damper on your winter enjoyment? With the help of a good HVAC contractor, you can have it humming like a busy bee. The HVAC technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning can help bring your furnace up a notch to see you through even the worst of the cold weather.
Be it furnace installation, replacement, repairs, or maintenance, all can be taken care of with the right contractor. What sets them apart is the extra step they go to ensure your comfort and that of your family. Now that you know how to distinguish between the true jewels and the other in the market, let’s quickly look at some simple troubleshooting tips. These may save you from calling the technician altogether.
A Simple Troubleshooting Guide
If the furnace is not working fine, it does not mean that it’s gone for good or that you have to prepare yourself for some expensive repairs. Sometimes it just means that there is a small problem. So instead of panicking, take a deep breathe and perform the following checks:
1. Check The Circuit Breaker – If the furnace is not turning on at all, check the circuit breaker first. The chances are that it tripped when there was a power surge, and you forgot to push it back into the “ON” position. Another possibility is that somebody shut down the circuit breaker on purpose but forgot to push it back up. If the cause of the trip is not a short circuit in the system, you can handle the problem on your own by correcting the trip.
2. Ensure That The Power Cable Is Plugged In – If the furnace still does not turn on, it’s time to check the power cable. Usually, the furnace is plugged into a power source. Therefore, the next logical step is to make sure that it actually is. There is a slight possibility that the power cord was pulled loose or pulled out completely. If it has come loose, push it back in until it is tight and secure. However, if the cord is completely pulled out, it would be better to first determine whether someone in the house did it on purpose. If that was just an accident, plug the cord into the socket, and you are all set.
3. Check The Furnace Switch – The furnace is plugged into a power source through a socket. Next to it is a standard “ON” and “OFF” switch that looks like a regular light switch. You shouldn’t be surprised to find it “OFF.” Turn it back “On.” These things do happen, sometimes by mistake and sometimes purposefully. To err is human, and so is to forget. So, be happy that it was not something big, rather, just a small matter of turning the switch “ON.”
4. Revisit The Thermostat Setting – If the furnace still does not kick in, check the thermostat. There’s a high probability that the thermostat ran out of batteries and shut down, or it was simply switched off. In the case of drained batteries, changing them out with new ones will take care of the problem. In the other case, if the thermostat is switched off, you need to switch it on again and reset to “Heat.” It could also happen that the furnace is working but blowing cold or normal air. This may happen if the thermostat is not set on “Heat.” So you need to be doubly sure of the settings.
5. Check The Furnace Filter – If the filter of the furnace is dirty, it prohibits the free flow of air. As a result, the system tends to get overheated. As a precautionary measure, the unit shuts down to prevent any damage to it. Changing the filters with new ones will solve the problem and have the furnace running smoothly once again.
When To Call Experts For Furnace Repairs Service In West Palm Beach
When the furnace won’t work or still seems a bit off even after following the above troubleshooting guide, the problem is bigger. You will now need to call the HVAC experts to have a go at problem-solving. At this time, we don’t recommend the furnace owners to take matters into their own hands as their limited knowledge can cause more damage than good. You have done what you could do. Now it’s time for the big guns in the business to tackle it.
Why Call Aztil Air Conditioning For Excellent Furnace Repairs In West Palm Beach
If you reside in West Palm Beach and face heating and cooling system problems, the technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning can help. Wanting to know why we are the best is natural, and since you want to hear of it from our mouth, allow us to toot our own horn.
Our technicians are all NATE certified, which means that they can handle all types of heating and cooling systems irrespective of their brand and age. We also ensure that they have the necessary experience to work on your unit.
Aztil Air Conditioning is your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. Installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance, we do it all. The best part is that we are always open all through the year. In case of emergencies, we are always available.
At Aztil AC, we take our reputation very seriously. Since there is no alternative to hard work, we do things the old fashioned way with integrity at the very base. Our aim is to ensure your convenience and comfort foremost and always.
About Aztil AC
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned business, operating since 1981 in West Palm Beach, Florida. From Sebastian to Miami, we have left a trail of our successful endeavors. We are known for our quick, affordable, and completely professional service. We credit our success to our client’s trust in our abilities. Delivering on their expectations always and every time has helped us make lasting relationships.
To experience our excellent furnace repairs service in West Palm Beach, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452.
What to do when the furnace stops heating? This question pops up quite often. In winters, living without heating is not just unthinkable but torturous. Therefore, when heating stops, your world is thrown into a tizzy. Panicking will not serve any purpose. To save you from undue stress, today we shall discuss a couple of things you can do before calling the technician. It may come across as a surprise that many times the problem is small and can be rectified without any external help.
Reasons For The Furnace Not Heating
When we get a call that the furnace is not working or heating, we are more often than not prepared to find the reason as mere carelessness or accident. Mostly they are things that the owner themselves can correct. Having said that, there are also times when the problem is bigger and needs a qualified technician to have a look at it.
Let us check things in an orderly and logical fashion so that no detail is overlooked and calling the technician isn’t even required.
1. Check That Power Source Is On – If the power to the furnace is off, there is no way that it can work. Hence, the first place to start is at the very beginning. In a gas furnace, the gas supply needs to be on. In the case of an electric furnace, it should be plugged into the power source and switched on. These may look like things that happen only to others, but being double sure will save you a lot of heartache and discomfort.
2. Check The Fuse And The Circuit Breaker – The circuit breaker will trip in case of a power surge. It is a protective mechanism that ensures the unit does not fry due to excessively high voltage. Though such an occurrence is rare, it does happen. In the same manner, the fuse can also blow, leading to disruption of the power supply. When the fuse blows, you have no choice but to replace it with a new one. The important thing to note in both cases is that if it happens regularly, you should call the furnace experts as it is indicative of some other problem. If ignored, it may lead to a bigger cause for concern.
3. Check The Thermostat – The next place to check is the thermostat. You need to check three things: one, the thermostat batteries are not dead, two, the setting reads “Heat,” and the third is the temperature. When the thermostat batteries die, it is unable to communicate with the furnace. Failing which the furnace does not know when to kick in. Also, in homes where there are small children, the chances of the thermostat being fiddled with are pretty high, so it makes sense to recheck the settings. The ideal temperature for winters is 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Check The Air Filters – When the air filters accumulate a lot of dust, it leads to the shutting down of the unit by flipping the safety switch. This, too, is a safety mechanism that prevents its overheating. The basic fundamental of all heating and cooling systems is unrestricted airflow, and dirty air filters act as an impediment. The result is that the furnace has to operate under undue stress, leading to significant problems. To avoid this situation, change the air filters periodically, preferably every month. If that is not possible, then at least once a quarter.
5. No Pilot Light – The next thing to check is the pilot light. If it is out, heating will not happen as that is what initiates it. There are a couple of reasons that can lead to the pilot light going out. Some are the age of the furnace, a cracked heat exchanger, thermocouple malfunction, and gas valve or gas supply issues. Sadly, in all these cases, there is nothing that you can do to rectify the problem. An HVAC technician is the best person to inspect the furnace to determine the probable cause and remedy it.
6. Short Cycling – A furnace that short cycles are unable to heat the home or any other closed structure desirably. It shuts down before the appropriate temperature is reached. Though dirty air filters are known to be the common culprit behind this occurrence; nevertheless, it can happen for other more intrinsic reasons as well, like leaky ductwork. So once again, if your air filters are clean and yet the furnace short cycles, you require expert help.
7. Faulty Thermostat – When the thermostat itself becomes faulty, there is no way that it can communicate correctly with the home’s heating and cooling system. As a result, it is unable to send the correct signals to the furnace leading to no or inadequate heating.
Only Professionals For Furnace Heating West Palm Beach
If you are looking for services relating to furnace heating in West Palm Beach, be sure to always reach out to professionals with both experience and expertise. The best way to do so is by asking your neighbors for recommendations and checking their reviews. Be sure that they are licensed to work in your area and also carry insurance to cover all eventualities.
Aztil Air Conditioning For Furnace Heating West Palm Beach
If you want peace of mind that comes with the guarantee of top quality service, there is no need to look beyond Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned HVAC business serving South Florida since 1981. Our dedication to customer satisfaction and prompt action has made us the number one choice amongst the masses. Our elite team of technicians consists of trained, certified, and experienced professionals who always deliver their best. Our experts handle all jobs pertaining to the HVAC systems, including installations, repairs, maintenance, and replacement. To make things easy, we are open even on weekends and holidays. It means that you don’t have to wait for an appropriate time to call us. Just dial +1-888-729-8452 any time to book an appointment. Allow us to wow you with our top-notch services.
That one thing that will keep you warm and comfortable inside your home this winter season is the heater. Experts always recommend professional inspection and maintenance of the heating system to keep it in proper working condition. It helps extend the life of the unit and also gives efficient operations for a very long time.
The Best Time For Heater Inspection
If the intention is good, any time is a good time for heater inspection. At least it’s better than forgoing it completely. Nevertheless, if you really want to know the best time to inspect the heating system, it is right before the winter season begins.
Autumn is the most convenient and suitable for check-up and tune-up of the furnace. At this time, the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. You can live comfortably for the couple of hours that your unit is unplugged and given a thorough once over. But as we mentioned above, if for some reason following this advice is not possible, you can still get it done anytime to suit your convenience. The only problem with getting it done later is that you may have to wear extra layers of warm clothing to ward off the cold while the heater is under maintenance.
Why Is Heater Inspection Necessary?
Heaters, specifically furnaces, boilers, and gas heaters, are potentially dangerous equipment if allowed to deteriorate with time and use. In summers, they mostly lay dormant as there is hardly any need for heating. This can cause them to fall prey to disrepair. In the same manner, continuous use of heaters during winter makes them suffer wear and tear. This, too, can lead to possibly hazardous situations. To avoid any instances of unwarranted breakdowns and threats to the occupant’s safety and well-being, heater inspections are necessary.
Another reason that mandates heater inspections is the product warranty. If your heater is new and still under warranty, remember, you can claim it only if the inspection routine as recommended by the manufacturer is strictly followed. Any lapses on your part will render the warranty null and void.
Frequency Of Heater Inspection
The frequency of heater inspection actually depends on how long and severe the cold weather is and on your household’s requirement for heat. An additional factor that has a bearing on frequency is the age of the heating system. So, one answer may not hold for all.
1. Length Of The Winter Season – If the area you reside in faces a long winter season with temperatures dipping really low, your heater should be inspected every 6 months. Since the cold will dictate a high demand for heat, you will not want the system to give up on you when you need it the most.
Similarly, if the cold in your area is minimal to moderate and the season exists only for a short period, following an annual inspection routine is recommended. Since the heater does not have to work overlong or overmuch, once a year inspection will see you in good stead.
If you do not face any winters at all, there is no cold-weather season, carrying out heater inspection every 2 to 5 years will suffice. Since the demand for hot water or heating in these areas is minimal, the furnace does not suffer much wear and tear. So, it does not need constant or frequent evaluation.
1. Household’s Requirement For Heat – Some homes have a high demand for heat irrespective of the season. This need increases manifold when the cold front approaches. Those homes where the heater works tirelessly throughout the year should carry out its inspection twice a year. In contrast, those homes that do not use a great deal of heat can get away with an annual inspection.
2. Age Of The Heating System – Usually, the life expectancy of a heater is 10 to 20 years. If your unit has crossed the 10-year mark and has the knack to act up from time to time, a bi-annual or six-monthly inspection is necessary. You can also get it done every quarter if your heater has a finicky design along with recurring woes. Others whose heater is less than 10 years old will be fine with an annual inspection.
Preventive Heater Maintenance
If you really want to do things right, this last bit is right up your alley.
1. Maintenance Before Starting The Heater – When you switch the heater on for the first time after a long gap, you may get a burning smell. Usually, it is the accumulated dust that burns off and gives that odor. Nevertheless, it could also be a result of a short circuit caused by loose wires. Hence, it is always better to carry out the furnace’s first maintenance just before you switch it on for the first time in the season.
2. Maintenance After Shutting Off The Heater – Right after the last use of the season, the heater should be given a tune-up once again. This way, you can take timely action to remove accumulations before they harden and become a headache. When shut, a clean system always starts on a good note and with minimal trouble the next time.
Many think that just because they have brought a good heating system, there is no need to look after it. That is just a misconception. Like all machines, it too undergoes wear and tear. To keep your unit functioning efficiently, heater inspections and maintenance are necessary. You can have it carried out as a part of a comprehensive HVAC system maintenance where both AC and furnace will be given a thorough tune-up.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a household name in West Palm Beach, Florida, for looking after the heating and cooling system. If you need to schedule a heater inspection, look no further than us. With a strong team of trained, certified, and experienced technicians, we are your best answer. Since we are a full HVAC company, we take care of installation, replacements, repairs, and maintenance of residential and commercial units. To book an appointment, call us at any time. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Call us now at +1-888-729-8452 and experience world-class service.
In the US alone, the majority of homes use a furnace for heating. Some of you may know them as gas heaters or gas-powered heaters. No matter the terminology, they happen to be the most popular choice. A gas furnace, due to the inherent nature of the fuel used, has some associated risks. Yes, these units are built for endurance with all the necessary care. Still, if you don’t take care, they can develop problems. Some of which may have the potential to cause major incidents. One such problem that all homeowners should be on the lookout for is a cracked heat exchanger.
To know why a cracked heat exchanger poses a problem, it is essential to know what exactly it is.
What Is A Heat Exchanger?
In order to produce heat, the furnace ignites the fuel, which happens to be gas in most cases, in a closed chamber. When the gas ignites, it produces flue gases (a mix of gas and fumes produced due to combustion), which happens to be unsafe to breathe. At this point, the heat exchanger plays a pivotal role.
The heat exchanger is a thin metallic buffer that separates the combustion chamber from the blower. It prevents the flue gases from being circulated throughout the house by the blower fan. Instead, what happens is that the combustion heats the combustion chamber and heats the air that comes in contact with it on the outside. The flue gases remain trapped inside the combustion chamber, and the blower blows the heated air into the house to warm it.
A prominent observation that one can draw from the above description is that the heat exchanger has to be properly sealed to prevent the flue gases from finding their way into the house.
A Cracked Heat Exchanger
One tends to assume that since the heat exchanger is made of metal, it will stay in tip-top shape and work flawlessly. What we fail to do is take into account the impact of heat on it. When the heat exchanger becomes hot, the metal expands. When the furnace is switched off, the heat exchanger cools down, and its metal contracts to its original shape.
After years of operation, the metal of the heat exchanger becomes fragile or brittle. When it reaches this stage, it may develop cracks or some other associated problem.
The Problem With A Cracked Heat Exchanger
When the heat exchanger develops a crack, its seal is broken. What it essentially means is that the flue gases cannot be contained inside anymore. These gases will now find their way into your living environment with the help of a blower.
Now let’s get down to the core of the problem. The flue air contains carbon monoxide along with other harmful gases. Breathing in these gases can cause health problems. Moreover, carbon monoxide is known to be a silent killer. Its leak is impossible to detect by the human nose and eye due to its odorless and colorless nature.
How Carbon Monoxide Is Produced In Heat Exchanger
Ideally, the heat exchanger should not produce carbon monoxide as it isn’t a byproduct of the gas that combusts within the furnace. Nevertheless, it is still known to happen when there is something incorrect in the way that the unit brings about combustion. Since nobody is willing to take chances due to the hazardous nature of the gas, it is recommended to deal with such critical dangers as soon as possible.
Preventing Heat Exchanger Problems
Preventing heat exchanger problems is not very difficult. You need to be a little vigilant and alert. That’s all there is to it. Here are a couple of things that you can do to avoid such occurrences:
1. Don’t Slack On Annual Furnace Maintenance Regime – Never underestimate the importance of annual furnace maintenance. It is this particular activity that may save the day for you sometime. Most of us consider it a wasteful activity. The thorough checks carried out to validate the safety of the equipment increase the unit’s efficiency and reduce the chances of unexpected breakdowns. A cracked heat exchanger can also be caught well in time if the annual maintenance routine is carefully followed.
2. Allow An HVAC Professional Only To Work On The Furnace – It’s easy to fall prey to those who ask for less money to complete a job. Nevertheless, avoid becoming a victim of such scams. Permit only a trained and certified HVAC professional to carry out the installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacement of the furnace. At a little extra cost, your safety and that of your heating and cooling equipment are guaranteed.
3. Know The Life Of Your Unit – The usually expected life of a heat exchanger is 10 to 20 years. As you near the 15-year mark, you should actively start thinking about replacement. Additionally, at the time of tune-up, the HVAC technician will be able to give you a better idea about its remaining useful product life. In this manner, you can prepare for the replacement, arrange the funds, and take necessary action well in time.
Food For Thought
A cracked heat exchanger is hard to detect by the homeowner. It is because the problem is inside the furnace and not outside. Only a technician who takes apart the furnace for repairs or maintenance will be able to detect the problem. Do ensure that you get a good and reliable HVAC contractor even if they cost more. After all, it is the question of your safety and that of your equipment.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a well-known name amongst HVAC contractors in West Palm Beach, Florida. If you need a technician to have a look at your furnace or book a tune-up, call us at +1-888-729-8452. We not only carry out repairs and maintenance of the heating and cooling system but also handle installations and replacements. In short, we are your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. Since we are always open, you can call us any time to book an appointment. We even carry out emergency repairs. So, next time you need a professional, reliable, and reputable contractor, give us a call.
Come winters, and you may wish for divine intervention that would take away all your heating troubles. If not that, prompt and cajole fate to throw a good HVAC contractor in your way. Well, pray, all you want, but the ultimate choice is yours. We can only tell you why Aztil Air Conditioning is absolutely the right choice if you want to get your heating system installed and taken care of the right way. But before we do that, let’s have a quick look at why it is important to pay proper attention to the heating system installation.
Heating System Installation Is A Critical Task
Installation of the heating system is not a run-of-the-mill job. It requires knowledge, experience, expertise, and correct tools. Therefore, it can only be performed or carried out by trained professionals in the field. Not paying adequate attention or being careless about the installation of the furnace can lead to the following:
1. Can Cause Frequent Breakdowns – Most malfunctions and breakdowns in new units occur due to a lack of proper care at the time of its installation. The so-called technician can damage an important part or component due to ignorance or may not think twice about the location of installation even if there is another better option. If the installation is not precise, disruptions will keep happening until the mistake is identified and corrected.
2. Will Result In Decreased Efficiency – If the installation is not correct, the heating unit will not be able to work to its optimum capacity. The energy efficiency will decline, and power consumption will increase, causing a big leap in the utility bills. Decreased efficiency will also add undue stress on the unit reducing its life expectancy.
3. Indoor Heating Will Always Be Lacking – A problem with heating system installation will prevent the unit from heating your home accurately. You will always find the warmth lacking. As a result, instead of a cozy home, you get an uninviting and uncomfortably cold environment.
Aztil Air Conditioning – Professionals Through And Through
We recommend the residents and building owners in West Palm Beach, Florida, to switch to professional HVAC contractors to get things done accurately. Aztil Air Conditioning happens to be one of the best in the area. If you want a reason to switch to us, we shall give you several.
1. Certified And Experienced Team – Our team of professionals consists of NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified technicians. We also ensure that our representatives have enough experience on the job to do it smoothly and flawlessly each and every time. So when our people are on the job, you know that your heating and cooling equipment is in capable hands.
2. Get Things Done The Right Way – Technical knowledge, on the job training, and wisdom gained from experience allow our experts to do the things right the very first time. We don’t take chances, neither do we allow our technicians to take them. Your safety and that of your HVAC system are paramount. Be it installation, replacement, repairs, or maintenance, we believe in taking all jobs seriously. Our repairs and maintenance efforts are directed to get to the root of the problem so that they don’t recur.
3. Stand By The Work – You will come across very few technicians who actually stand by the job they do. According to most, they did the needful, but the owner could not take care of the system. Passing the buck, or in this case, the onus of mistake is common. We are different. We own the work we do, and if it does ever cause a problem, we shall take corrective action without causing any inconvenience to you. Honesty and integrity are the very foundation of our success, and we aim to keep our priorities intact.
4. Always Open And Provide Emergency Services – Problems don’t pay heed to time of the day before rearing their ugly head. At Aztil AC, we believe in assuring the customer’s comfort, and so our doors are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Whenever you call or visit us, somebody will always be there to help. We also provide emergency services so that no untoward incidents happen on our watch. Very few contractors can boast of the same. When you partner with us, you can be assured that prompt action will always be taken, and we shall deliver on our promises.
5. Follow All COVID-19 Safety Protocols – In the current COVID-19 pandemic scenario, we have trained all our employees to strictly follow all the safety guidelines as advised by the World Health Organization. We also know that safety begins at home, and so all our personnel are cautious and alert at all times. So when you book an appointment with us, you can do so with complete peace of mind.
To Wrap Up
The HVAC unit or the heating system may seem to be just another household necessity, but purchasing one is a significant investment. It is not only convenient to use but also adds comfort to your home. Having said that, its care needs to be taken, which starts from the very time of its installation. Do not fall for scam HVAC contractors who give a low ball figure. Please do understand that there is an industry-standard and anybody who quotes below that is offering questionable service. Beware of them. Choose your HVAC partner wisely, as they will see you through the thick and thin of all HVAC emergencies.
Now that you know the importance of proper and precise HVAC system installation and why Aztil Air Conditioning should be your go-to contractor, we look forward to hearing from you. Why wait? Pick up your phone and give us a call today at +1-888-729-8452. Allow us to give you a first-hand experience of our fabulous service and commitment to excellence.
The convenience of installation and ease of use are two aspects that all homeowners look for in the heating and cooling system. Along with it, the cost of the new unit and its efficiency become decisive factors. Heat pumps offer all these and much more. That is why they are considered a good solution for heating and cooling.
Heat pumps are most suited for moderate climates, i.e., where both summers and winters are mild. If you dwell in such an area and wish to increase your comfort while saving money simultaneously, heat pumps will come to your rescue. They provide both heating and cooling, so there is no need to buy a separate air conditioner and furnace. Heat pump packs the power of both in a single unit.
Understanding Heat Pumps
As the name itself suggests, heat pumps move heat from one place to another. This heat exchange helps achieve the desired temperature indoors. During the winter season, the heat pump draws out heat from the outdoors and transports it indoors. While in summers, the heat from indoors is extracted and pushed outdoors. Because they move heat instead of generating it, the heat pumps are cost-efficient to run.
Different Types Of Heat Pumps
Heat pumps generally come in four different types. These are:
1. Air Source Heat Pumps – In winters, an air source heat pump extracts the heat from the air outdoors and passes it indoors. In summers, the reverse happens. To cool the indoors, the heat from indoor air is removed and moved outdoors.
2. Water Source Heat Pumps – Water source heat pumps require a fair-sized body of water to work. When heating is required, thermal energy from water is extracted and transferred indoors. And when cooling is needed, the indoor heat is transferred to the outdoor water source.
3. Geothermal Heat Pumps – Ground source heat pumps or geothermal heat pumps use the natural heat of the ground to heat indoors during winter and reverse the process to cool the house during summers.
4. Hybrid Heat Pumps – Hybrid heat pumps use a combination of heat pump and a separate heating system like the furnace. In this type, the outdoor air source heat pump is linked to an indoor gas furnace. So, when the temperature falls drastically, the furnace takes over the heating.
Why Heat Pump Is A Good Solution For Heating And Cooling
The benefits of using a heat pump are many. Add to it the innovations in the field, and you have a winning combination on hand. If you are still wondering how and why heat pumps are a good heating and cooling solution, here are some things for you to consider:
1. One Compact Unit For Both Heating And Cooling – We spoke about convenience in the beginning. The heat pump is considered extremely convenient because both heating and cooling are provided by one single unit. Now, there is no need for an air conditioner and a boiler or furnace. Even at the cost of performing two completely opposite tasks, the size of the unit remains compact. It occupies less space as compared to the air conditioner and furnace put together. So, a heat pump can be installed in a smaller area, and being a single unit, the cost of installation is also not very high.
2. Save On Heating And Cooling Costs – A major portion of the energy bill consists of the heating and cooling costs. With a heat pump, you can cut down your monthly energy consumption by almost 30%. It means that your energy bills will also reduce and become smaller. As per the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, one should buy a heat pump with a minimum of 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and 8.5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor). For maximum efficiency, the best combination is 24 SEER and 13 HSPF.
3. Variable Speed Compressor Technology For Increased Savings – Modern heat pumps use a variable speed compressor. These adjust the output based on the load requirement during any given period of time. As against this, the traditional single-stage heat pumps either gave it their all or nothing at all. That is an extreme reaction and consumes comparatively more energy. Using the variable speed compressor technology, the newer heat pumps can render saving close to 40% on the overall annual energy bill.
4. Advance Humidity Control – Both high and extremely low humidity levels indoors have their own set of associated health troubles. Hence, neither is a preferable condition. Optimum humidity at all times is necessary for good health and comfort. The ideal humidity for indoors is anyplace between 30% to 50%. Heat pumps are way better than the central HVAC systems in maintaining healthy relative humidity levels indoors. If studies are to be believed, they can extract 400% more humidity or moisture from the air as compared to the other systems.
5. Silent Operations – The silencer system in the heat pump makes for extremely quiet operations. One can barely ever hear the vibrations. In fact, the sound level in some models is as low as 51 DBA (A-weighted decibels).
The Gist Of The Matter
Heat pumps are easy to install, give big energy savings, work soundlessly, and even reduce the carbon footprint of your home. So many benefits in a single packaging are too good a deal. In the long run, the system keeps you comfortable and does not even lighten your pockets by much.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we recommend using heat pumps and other heating and cooling products to make indoors more comfortable. If you have any queries or concerns regarding the HVAC systems, our air experts will be more than happy to answer them for you. We are indeed your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. To book an appointment for HVAC installation, repair, replacement, or maintenance, call us at +1-888-729-8452. We operate in West Palm Beach and are open 24/7 to handle all kinds of heating and cooling system emergencies. If you haven’t scheduled an inspection or booked maintenance, give us a call today.
Mold is every homeowner and building owner’s nightmare. Not just because it is ugly and unpleasant to look at, but because it is associated with many health problems. No wonder the market value of any structure with a mold infestation reduces automatically as one naturally assumes it to be synonymous with sickness. They are not wrong in thinking so because, in the long run, it is bound to happen.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we often handle queries asking whether the air conditioner can eliminate or kill mold. Since it is a question that is frequently asked, we decided to give you the answer in detail through this highly informative and useful article.
What Is Mold?
Mold is a black, powder-like, or cottony substance growing on the walls and close to the vents. Mold loves humidity, so you will usually find it wherever there are perpetual wet spots or leaks and drips.
Is Mold Harmful?
Mold is not just an eyesore but also a health hazard. It can lead to many ailments, including respiratory infections, chronic bronchitis, skin problems, etc. Therefore, mold is definitely harmful.
Does The Air Conditioner Eliminate Mold?
Right off the bat, the straightforward answer is that the AC CANNOT ELIMINATE MOLD. This belief is just a misconception propagated by a lack of adequate and accurate information. If there is mold growth within a house or a building, running the air conditioner will not help you get rid of it. At most, what the air conditioner does is reduce the chances of mold growth.
Role Of Air Conditioner Controlling Mold Growth
Since the air conditioner cannot eliminate mold, you must be speculating where this misconception started. Well, you aren’t the only one wondering. The myth started because the air conditioner is very useful in preventing mold growth. Nevertheless, people stretched the truth and started saying that it can also eliminate mold.
Now let us see how the air conditioner helps prevent mold growth. Your AC is a complicated piece of equipment that cools your home and makes it comfortable. However, cooling is not the only function that it performs. Humidity is a crucial factor that determines the level of your comfort within the building. When the air conditioner runs, it provides cooling along with humidity control. When there is too much moisture in the air or conditions of high humidity exist, the AC draws out the excess water until it reaches the healthy levels once again. In this manner, it combats dampness, which is essential for mold growth. Less moisture means mold cannot thrive, and so the AC prevents or helps in controlling mold growth.
Preventing Mold Growth
Prevention is always better than cure – this is a universal truth. At Aztil Air Conditioning, we always recommend taking proactive steps to ensure that mold does not grow in your homes. Here are some basic yet necessary steps that you need to follow:
1. Keep AC In Top Shape Through Annual Maintenance – Maintenance or tune-up of the air conditioner is essential to keep it running optimally. When the AC runs efficiently, it can remove humidity better. On the other hand, an air conditioner that suffers neglect will increase the power bill and fail in keeping a check on humidity. Hence, following a strict maintenance schedule is always to your benefit.
2. Keep AC Running Continuously During The High Humidity Days – During those days when the humidity is high, you should not switch off the air conditioner. It will ensure that extra moisture from the air is continuously removed. Switching off the AC when you go out may seem like a good idea in terms of energy saving. Nevertheless, when humidity is high, this little mistake will give mold a foothold in your house. So, on days when the humidity is high, keep the AC up and running.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, mold exists in most homes. We just don’t realize it’s presence until it becomes a noticeable problem. Poor ventilation, along with humidity, propagates the issue.
To eradicate mold, firstly, you need to have a good ventilation system. Always make sure that –
1. Exhaust fans are switched on in the washrooms to help them dry faster.
2. The electric chimney in the kitchen should be on while cooking.
3. The ducts and vents, too, should be kept clean.
Other than that, air out your home from time to time and allow in natural sunlight as that is the best natural disinfectant.
The second important thing to kill mold is maintaining healthy humidity levels indoors. For that –
1. Fix all leaks and drips indoors as soon as possible.
2. Make sure that the AC drip pan and drain line have no cracks or blockages.
3. Install a dehumidifier if nothing else seems to be working.
Professional Cleaning Of Ducts Essential To Eliminate Mold
Mostly ducts are that one place where the mold thrives. It is because of the warm and humid environment that it presents. The mold that is in the ductwork is hazardous. The air passing through the ducts will pick up its spores and spread them far and wide in the building. Thus, even if there is no mold in a given room, its ill effects can still be felt even there.
Professional duct cleaners have industrial equipment that can reach into every corner of the ductwork. The household vacuum cleaners sadly lack this ability. As such, the professionals can give your ducts a thorough cleaning that it requires. Thankfully, duct cleaning is required once every 3 to 5 years, so a professional cleaning will give you a couple of years of respite before you need to get it done again.
Your air conditioner is handy equipment in checking the growth of mold. It can, in no way, eradicate mold. For that, you need to employ the services of professional mold cleaners. Timely maintenance and inspection of your AC or HVAC will help prevent mold from gaining a foothold in your house.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned business in West Palm Beach, Florida, that takes care of the household and commercial heating and cooling systems. We provide installation, maintenance, repairs, and replacement services for your HVAC systems. Our technicians are fully trained professionals who can handle all types of units. Being air experts, they can also guide you to maintain good air quality and healthy humidity levels in your building. If you wish to schedule a maintenance or inspection, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7, so you can call us any time.
Just because the weather does not feel cold yet does not mean that it isn’t about to turn. The weather will surely change, and when it does, you wouldn’t want to be caught with a heating system that throws cold air. The only way to ensure that is by seeing to the perfect working order of your heating system and that, too, well in time.
Fall is the best time to get the furnace ready for the upcoming winter season. At this time, the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. It is pleasantly comfortable, and you can easily do without the HVAC system without any major discomfort. To make a smooth transition from cooling to heating, you must read this article and stay on top of things.
Getting The Heating System Ready For Fall
Preparing the heating system for the onslaught of cold weather is a wise move. This way, you don’t have to face any unpleasant surprises. Here are a few tips for getting your heating system ready for fall:
1. Preventive Maintenance Well In Time – A maintenance routine that is carried out well in time gives you uninterrupted comfort. It ensures that all problems that are just starting are caught before they lead to significant issues and cause unwanted breakdowns. Precisely for this reason, such maintenance is also known as preventive maintenance. A less known fact of maintenance is that it helps a part of lost efficiency. So instead of starting where you stopped last season, you begin at a better level. It helps keep your utility bills in check. So, all in all, maintenance or preventive maintenance prepares the heating system to run continuously and efficiently when the cold weather sets in.
2. Install A Programmable Thermostat – It’s true that the traditional thermostats do the job. Nonetheless, they don’t help save energy and cut down costs related to it. Programmable thermostats help you program the thermostat as per your needs. You can choose to set a program with different settings for when all occupants are away from home and when inside. In the same manner, different settings for morning and night will help you save energy. The good thing is that once the program is set, you needn’t adjust it manually as now the programmable thermostat will take care of it all. Even better are smart thermostats. These hook to the home’s wifi network and allow the homeowner to control the temperature inside the house from anywhere. Hence, this winter season setting yourself with either a smart thermostat or programmable thermostat will give you the greatest advantage.
3. Change The Air Filters – Not remembering to change the air filters is a common mistake committed by many. We are humans; we tend to forget. It is important not to slip-up this winter season. Be diligent and ensure that the air filters are changed once a month or at least once a quarter. Clean air filters allow for free airflow, which, in turn, makes for proper heating of the home. Also, new air filters are critical to maintaining good air quality indoors. It is a well-known fact that allergies and illness raise their ugly heads during winters. If you want your home to be rid of pathogens, no laxity must be entertained in replacing the dirty air filters.
4. Clean The Ducts – Ducts, too, house germs, viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and allergens. Besides, it may even house droppings and dead skin cells of pests and critters. All of these are health hazards. The warm air that passes through the ducts picks them up along with accumulated dust and dirt and spreads them far and wide within the home. Professional cleaning of the ducts will help eradicate them. Once professionals clean the ducts, they are good for the next 3 to 5 years. Hence, this activity does not have to be carried out every year.
5. Seal The Leaks – Air leaks are one of the major causes of inefficiency in heating systems. If the hot air escapes, your house cannot maintain a comfortable temperature, and the furnace has to work longer and harder. Doors and windows are often the culprits. If you notice gaps or cracks around it, they need to be filled.
6. Check Proper Working Condition Of Carbon Monoxide Detector – During the winter season, one device that is of utmost importance is the carbon monoxide detector. If you don’t have it, you should seek its installation immediately. Carbon monoxide is a deadly odorless gas. Whenever there is a leak and its concentration increases indoors, the detector will make the homeowner aware by sounding an alarm. As a part of preparing your heating system this fall, ensure a proper inspection of the carbon monoxide detector by a technician so that it is completely reliable and in perfect working condition.
Other Things To Take Care
Here are a few other things that will guarantee that your heating system is ready to take on the brunt of winters heads-on:
1. An inspection of the ducts will help identify any additional sources of leaks.
2. Good quality insulation should be used in the entire house and not just the living areas.
3. Check that all vents and registers are open. You may discover that unknowingly somebody has closed one or pushed some heavy furniture in front of it, completely blocking it.
Aztil Air Conditioning is always at your service to help make your home cozier this winter season. If you have still not scheduled the inspection and maintenance of your heating system, now is the time to contact us. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year, so call us at any time to book an appointment. You can contact us at +1-888-729-8452. Also, along with maintenance, we take care of installations, replacements, and repairs of the heating and cooling system. Our technicians are complete professionals taking care of all COVID-19 precautions so that you and your family remain safe. Even during these adverse times, our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction remains paramount.
Buying a new heating and cooling system? This post is just for you and that too, just in time. Choosing a new HVAC unit is not a simple task, like buying a shampoo bottle from the supermarket. For one, the amount you will be spending on it is considerable, and also, any mistake in the decision will hit you hard both comfort-wise and financially. What you need are systematic research and proper planning.
To make your work easier, we decided to pen down the five questions that all homeowners looking to buy a new heating and cooling system must ask. These will guide you in the right direction and help you choose wisely.
5 Questions To Ask When Buying A New Heating And Cooling System
Let’s begin in an orderly fashion so that each question you ask helps narrow down the choices. In this manner, towards the end, you will not have a wide variety but a few probable candidates.
Question 1 – What Size System Will Suit Your Home?
It is important to know the exact size of the HVAC system that is appropriate for your home and its needs. Guessing will not serve you well. Do not ever make the mistake of assuming that a big sized unit will heat and cool your home faster. The truth is that an oversize unit will lead to short cycling, which will ultimately add to your energy bills. So, where you thought it would save you money, it lands up, causing additional expense.
Similarly, a small size unit will work around the clock and still fail to achieve the desired temperature inside the house. Being too small, it’s the capability to keep the indoors comfortable will always be lacking.
Question 2 – Will I require new ductwork, or the existing one will suffice?
Ductwork happens to be an added expense over and above the cost of the actual physical heating and cooling equipment. If there is no ductwork in your home, you need to figure out whether you are willing to bear the expense of installing a new one. If not, you can always think of buying a ductless system.
If your home has pre-existing ductwork, you can easily buy a ducted HVAC system. Nevertheless, one still needs to get a firsthand report on its condition. The chances are that it may require cleaning and sealing. Duct cleaning will help get rid of all build-ups and contaminants inside it. Typically, it is done by professionals using heavy grade vacuum cleaners that are mounted on trucks and have an exceptionally long hose to reach every corner. Once cleaned, the ductwork will have to be sealed to prevent any air leaks.
Question 3 – What kind of thermostat you need?
There is a fine line between need and desire. I may desire the sun, while a light bulb will do the same job admirably. So, you may desire the most high-end thermostat, but even a little lower one will help you achieve the same task. As the number of features in the thermostat increases, so does its cost. If you want to curb extra expenditure, the best-case scenario is to make a list of the thermostat must-have features. It will help narrow down your choices. At Aztil Air Conditioning, we always recommend buying a programmable thermostat as it will make your life easy.
You can also buy a smart thermostat to give you the freedom to control the temperature inside your house from anywhere. Their added advantage is that they have inbuilt sensors that can help further cut down additional expense by putting the system in the lowest setting when it senses nobody around.
Question 4 – What’s your budget consideration?
Based on your budget, you can decide the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) value. Each successive SEER system is costlier than the previous one. The point that needs consideration here is that though you may pay higher for a good SEER system, it will pay for itself in terms of the energy savings that it renders. So important is to figure out whether you are willing to make adjustments to your budget or not.
Question 5 – Financing options available?
Buying a new heating and cooling system is a significant investment. One that becomes easier to bear with good financing options. Many states give special rebates and discounts on purchasing those heating and cooling systems that are environmentally friendly and reduce your household’s carbon footprint. Even HVAC contractors have special schemes that make for a little less burden on your pockets.
Trust Your HVAC Contractor’s Advice
Choosing the right heating and cooling system is a difficult decision, one that can be made easy by trusting the advice of your HVAC contractor or technician. Their knowledge and experience make them experts in the field to guide others in making the correct purchase decision. Though if you are still in doubt, it is always good to go for a second opinion.
One of the most expensive decisions you make for your home and yourself is buying a new heating and cooling system. This is precisely why you need to ask the right set of questions. Their answers will narrow down your choices until you arrive at the one that is a perfect fit for both yourself and your home. In the end, always remember not to compromise on quality as the durability of the product and your safety rests on it.
Aztil Air Conditioning is always there to help you make the right decisions regarding your home’s heating and cooling system. If you are confused and wish to discuss your options for buying a new HVAC system, feel free to contact us at any time. We are a family-owned business operating in West Palm Beach since 1981. Our elite team of technicians takes care of HVAC installations, repairs, replacements, and maintenance. We even offer air quality solutions that can make your home a more healthy place to live in. To book an appointment, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452.
November is almost over, and Christmas is around the corner. If it’s cold now, very soon, it will be freezing. You need to get your heating system up to par to work overtime to counter the effects of freezing temperature. Achieving the same is not difficult though you need to prepare for it well in time.
Getting The System Ready For Freezing Temps
Forward planning will help you stay warm and snug even in freezing temps. Technology has seen such advancements that the weather outside no longer governs the temperature inside. If you want to stay on top of things, here are some things that you should do:
1. Timely Maintenance – There is no better way to prepare the heating system for the freezing temps than its timely maintenance. The ideal time for maintenance is autumn when the cold weather starts to set it. Once the cold has set in, the maintenance will add to your discomfort as your system will remain switched off during that time period. Nevertheless, if you couldn’t get it done earlier, a little discomfort is a small price to pay considering the benefits that it will render. Maintenance and inspection of the heating system will make it more reliable, prevent any unwarranted breakdowns, and also make it more efficient. Some people consider it to be a wasteful activity, but they are the ones who actually suffer the brunt of cold weather due to system problems and increasing utility bills.
2. Use A Smart Thermostat – Many homes still use a traditional thermostat that needs manual adjustment of temperature each and every time. Their biggest drawback is that if you forget to switch it to the lowest setting while away, energy will be wasted in warming the house when it isn’t actually required. As against this, programmable thermostats allow you to program them according to your daily routine. You can choose separate settings for the weekends. So even if you forget, the thermostat will automatically do the needful as per the preset. Even better is using a smart thermostat. It hooks on to the home’s wifi connection and can be controlled from anywhere with the help of a computer, tablet, or smartphone that, too, has internet connectivity. Smart thermostats also have inbuilt sensors that allow them to adjust the temperature based on what they sense, even if the program is set differently. Smart thermostats do not allow any wasteful use of energy. They are perfect for understanding your needs and keeping the home snug and comfortable even when freezing temps exist outside.
3. Duct Cleaning – If asked, most people will not be able to tell when they got their home’s ductwork cleaned by a professional last. Clean ductwork is essential to maintaining good air quality indoors. It becomes even more important as the winter months are a thriving period for pathogens or illness-causing organisms. Home cleaning instruments and devices fall shart in thoroughly cleaning the ducts due to the limitation of less power and reach. Professional duct cleaners are armed with truck-mounted vacuum cleaners that are both powerful and can reach into every nook and cranny of the ducts. They help remove all the unwanted elements from the ducts, which could later cause problems. Though professional cleaning of the ducts is costly, the good part is that you need to get it done just once every five years or so. If you break down the expense, it is quite reasonable.
4. Clean Filters – Many times, homeowners forget to change the air filters. There are even those who are not even aware that it needs to be done. When the air filters get clogged, they restrict the airflow and are also unable to trap the suspended impurities in the air. As a result, the heating system is unable to work efficiently, and also the air quality indoors deteriorates. Not only does your home not heat up properly, but it also becomes a hot zone for allergies and illness. Changing the air filters is very easy as mostly they are of the clip-on types. One just needs to unclip the dirty air filters and clip in the new ones. Such a simple process and the difference it will bring in increasing the comfort indoors will surprise you.
5. Proper Insulation – A very important part of maintaining fixed temperature indoors is insulation. Often people use sub-standard insulation and wonder why their home is still not warm enough. Good quality insulation is paramount in trapping heat indoors. It will prevent the cold air from outdoors to find its way inside. The insulation has to be equally good in the basement and attic. Just because you don’t visit or use those areas frequently does not mean you can get away with poor insulation there. In most homes, heat loss happens through the attic due to this poor decision. If you want to weatherize your home for winters, ensure that the insulation in the attic is as good as the rest of your home.
You Are All Set
If you follow the above guidelines, the freezing temps outside will not bother you inside. Just to sum it all up for you, annual maintenance of the heating system is essential. Apart from that, use a smart thermostat, get the ductwork cleaned, put clean air filters, and always use good quality insulation throughout the house. These tips will make for a warm and inviting home this winter.
Aztil Air Conditioning can help make your West Palm Beach home more comfortable this winter. Our technicians are always available to take care of your heating and cooling system. If you have still not scheduled its maintenance, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452 to book it now. We provide emergency services and also provide installations, repairs, and replacements as a part of routine services. Our air experts can also advise you about the air quality solutions so that this winter your home is not just warm but also healthy.
Most heating and cooling system problems don’t build overnight. They start slow and, if left undiagnosed, become bigger and severe. Usually, the initial symptoms or indicators of any budding issue are small and get overlooked easily. Nevertheless, as the intensity of the problem increases, the indicators become hard to ignore. A bad contactor is often the most common problem faced by HVAC owners. Hence, today’s article is dedicated to figuring out how one can determine whether their HVAC contactor is bad or not.
Contactor – What It Is And What It Does?
In order to know that the contactor is bad, one first needs to know what it is and what function it performs in the HVAC. So without much ado let’s get down to the basics first.
In simplest terms, a contactor is a transmitter that regulates the flow of electricity to the air conditioner. Initially, when the AC is switched on, the contactor moves to permit the electrical charge to flow through the machine so that it can cool the premises. Once the desired temperature is clocked, the contactor moves again, but this time to stop the flow of electricity. The cycle continues to keep the indoors comfortable.
How Does The Contactor Go Bad?
From above, two things must have become clear –
1. A contactor is an electrical component.
2. It is a moving device.
Regular maintenance will keep the contactor in good form. Nonetheless, it will eventually suffer from wear and tear as all moving parts do. Hence, the two reasons that contribute towards a contactor becoming bad are :
1. Lack Of Maintenance – Electrical components need periodic maintenance to ensure that there are no loose or frayed connections. Such occurrences can cause damage to the device and cause it to go bad. A strict maintenance schedule will see to it that the connections are all secure, and there are no dirty contacts in the circuit. Also, all moving parts are greased or lubricated to make sure that they move with minimum friction. This little detail will increase the lifespan of the component.
2. Wear And Tear – When the moving parts rub against each other, they cause friction. This friction, in turn, causes wear and tear. Over a period of time, all moving parts tend to suffer from it. One can take steps to slow down the process, but there is no way to eliminate it entirely. Lubricating the parts that rub against each other will help to some extent. Ultimately, one should be prepared to replace the component when it’s worn out completely.
How To Know If My Contactor Is Bad?
Figuring out whether your contactor is bad is all about paying attention to how your air conditioner reacts. An obvious thing to look out for is that the HVAC will not work as usual. It will be a little off. Now it is up to you to detect what exactly is different. To make the task easy, here are a few indicators of a bad or faulty contactor.
1. The Condenser Unit Works Continuously – As we mentioned above, once the ideal or the pre-set temperature is reached, the contactor shuts down to stop further cooling. It remains shut until the temperature increases, and more cooling is required to maintain it. Sometimes the contactor overheats. This causes it to melt. When that happens, the condenser unit is unable to shut down. So the cooling happens continuously. Under such a circumstance, the only option is to switch off the AC manually.
2. AC Makes A Humming Sound But Does Not Turn On – A humming sound from the AC is also a sign of a bad contactor. It indicates that the contactor is trying to start and yet is unable to do so. When that happens, your AC will start but will not blow cool air. Instead, it will blow normal room temperature air. It happens because the condenser unit fails to get power from the contactor to start and begin cooling.
3. Shuddering Or Chattering Sound Coming From AC – Yet another sign of trouble is the shuddering or chattering sound coming from the AC. Typically, it is indicative of a dirty contactor. It happens due to a lack of maintenance. Ideally, during maintenance, the contactor is given a thorough cleaning so that there is no dirt accumulated on it. When its contacts become dirty and the layers of dirt increase, they prevent the contactor from closing fully. As a result, the machine makes shuddering and chattering noises.
What To Do When You Suspect A Bad Contactor?
Now that you have figured out that the culprit is a bad contactor, what’s the next step? The logical next step is to call your local HVAC company to send a technician to validate your finding and take the necessary corrective action. Since the contactor is an electrical component and inside the AC unit, we implore you not to tackle it as a DIY activity.
In The End
The contractor is a very small yet crucial part of your heating and cooling system. The least you can do to extend its life is to ensure that your unit gets its due annual maintenance each year, without fail, from a trained HVAC technician. This little care will go a long way in extending its life and keep your air conditioner working optimally. Please do not ignore the problem as it can lead to further complications whose repair may turn out to be too expensive.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we strongly recommend our clients in West Palm Beach, Florida, to contact us whenever they feel that something is off with their HVAC unit. However, if they still desire to tackle the problem on their own, we suggest that they remain extremely cautious and keep their electrical safety knowledge up-to-date.
If you live in West Palm Beach and wish to schedule a maintenance or repair of your HVAC system, give us a call, any time, at +1-888-729-8452 as we are open 24/7. Our technicians are well-trained professionals who can handle all sorts of jobs related to your HVAC system, including installations and replacements. Remember, Aztil Air Conditioning is your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs.
We all want to make the best possible investment whenever buying any appliance or device. When you invest in something, you desire full value for money operations with minimal ancillary expenses. The heating system falls in the same category. There is such a wide variety of options available to warm the home that getting confused is but natural. This is exactly where Aztil Air Conditioning comes to your rescue. Today, we shall talk about all the options available in the heating systems and discuss which is the best one for you.
Different Types Of Heating Systems
Let us first have a look at all the options at our disposal. Once we know the basic details about them, it is easier to figure out the most suitable one for your needs.
1. Heat Pump – Heat pumps are the most environmentally friendly option available today. They provide both heating and cooling, so you get the dual benefits, and there is no need for a separate air conditioner. These operate on the basic principle of transferring heat from outdoors to indoors and vice-versa. Heat pumps are generally of three types:
a) Air Source Heat Pumps – During winters, these heat pumps extract the warmth from the outdoor air to heat the indoors. In summers, the process is reversed to cool the house.
b) Ground Source Heat Pumps – Ground source heat pumps are also known as geothermal heat pumps. These tap into the thermal energy stored in the ground to provide warmth. Relatively these are costlier and time-consuming to install as they require digging to put in the underground piping. Nevertheless, they provide better operation due to more or less fixed temperature of the ground.
c) Water Source Heat Pumps – Water source heat pumps can only be used in places where there is a source of water nearby, like a well or a lake. For this reason, they are less common. These heat pumps work by transferring the solar energy trapped in water to heat up the house.
2. Furnace – A furnace is presently the most commonly used heating system in homes. Depending on the type, a furnace can use gas, fuel, or electricity to provide warmth indoors. The heat is distributed through the entire house from a long network of ducts and vents. Usually, there are four types of furnaces to choose from. These are:
a) Electric Furnace – An electric furnace is suitable for homes that don’t have a natural gas connection. An electric furnace uses metallic heating elements to generate heat. These are typically small in size and least expensive of all furnaces.
b) Gas Furnace – These are the most common type of furnaces used in homes. As the name itself suggests, gas is the propellant here that ignites with the help of a burner to increase the air temperature. The hot air then traverses through the ductwork to enter the home and make it snug and cozy.
c) Oil Furnace – In an oil furnace, oil is used to increase the temperature of the air before it enters the home. These are not considered to be very cost-effective as the oil itself is very costly.
d) Modulating Furnace – Though expensive, modulating furnaces are indeed the most energy-efficient. These don’t constantly turn on and off. Instead, they run continually at a low energy setting by adjusting the fuel that ignites to achieve the desired temperature.
3. Boiler – Boilers are also known as hydronic heating systems. These are actually specially built water heaters that distribute heat in the form of hot water moving through radiators. Pumps help to circulate the water. When the water cools down, it is reheated, and the process begins all over again. Boilers are powered by either gas or some other natural fuel.
4. Space Heaters – Space heaters are relatively small portable devices. These are the cheapest and highly effective in heating small closed spaces. But they have a long list of hazards associated with them. These are kept within a room and require no ducts to transfer heat. Space heaters are either fuel-burning or electric. They are a perfect solution for any new addition in a home or those places that have a small winter spell.
Which Heating System Is Right For You?
To each their own. Every homeowner has certain requirements they want their heating system to fulfill. Based on your budget, the size of your home, and the existence or non-existence of ductwork, you will have to make the most appropriate choice.
1. If you stay in an area where the weather is predominantly warm, space heaters will give you the best value for money operations. The only concern is that you need to be extra vigilant while using them as they have earned a bad name for causing fires due to negligence and short circuit.
2. If you want an environmentally friendly option that is energy efficient as well, heat pumps will stand you in good stead. These help keep the home warm and even reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
3. If you desire an inexpensive heating system that is easy to install and gives stable operation, a furnace is your answer. It’s the only drawback is a loud fan and the need for constant maintenance.
The Best Heating System
To be honest, the best heating system is the one that suits your budget, is an appropriate size for your home, and is recommended by the technician based on your needs. Professional guidance will always help you make the right decision, so don’t think twice before asking for help from professionals in the field.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a well-known name amongst HVAC contractors in West Palm Beach, Florida. We specialize in all heating and cooling equipment in addition to providing air quality solutions. Our team of skilled and experienced technicians can not only help you make the right choice in buying new equipment but can also assist with its installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacement. We are open 24/7 and provide emergency services, so you don’t have to suffer longer than necessary. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.
The winter season is wrought with cold spells. Sometimes it results in a mild change of temperature, and at others, it becomes outright chilly. At these times, space heaters are a real blessing. They are most suitable for people and places that require only a short-term heating solution. They are effective in warming portions of the house without having to install a costly central heating system.
What Is A Space Heater?
A space heater is a portable device or appliance that is used to heat a small area. The area could be a single room or a small closed space. Usually, they run on electricity though some types use propane, natural gas, or wood pellets to provide heating.
Why Are Space Heaters Considered Dangerous?
Space heaters are not looked upon too favorably due to a long list of hazards attached to them. Being aware of the associated dangers will help you avoid them from occurring.
1. Can Cause Fires If Kept Cole To Flammable Materials – Space heaters have coils that heat up to provide warmth. If placed close to a flammable material like curtains, carpet, clothes, bedding, etc., there is always a risk of fire. The coils radiate intense heat, which causes the things in close proximity to it to heat up so much so that they catch fire. Once a fire starts within the home, it can spread quickly, making for a perilous situation.
2. Can Lead To Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – Though electric space heaters don’t pose this threat, the fuel-burning ones do. When the fuel-burning space heaters are ops in a closed room, they reduce the oxygen content and increase the concentration of carbon monoxide in that enclosed space. With no influx of fresh air, it leads to carbon monoxide poisoning and can prove to be fatal. The worst known cases are those where people used a fuel-burning space heater in their bedroom where all doors and windows were closed and went to sleep. Sadly such mistakes are a one-way road to heaven.
3. May Cause Circuit Overload – Electric space heaters pull a lot of power to work. You can’t just plug it in any socket and switch it on. Doing so will lead to a circuit overload, which can either trip the circuit breaker or start an electrical fire. Many people make this mistake. Most of them do so because of a lack of awareness. Others assume that since nothing has happened until now, it won’t happen in the future as well. Circuit overload is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
4. Special Care Needed With Small Kids And Pets – When using a space heater, electrical or fuel-burning, one needs to exercise tremendous care, especially when there are small children and pets sharing the house. They are both delightfully careless, giving many joyous moments. The same reckless behavior around the space heater can result in an accident leading to burns or fire. Therefore, one cannot afford even a single moment of negligence around a space heater.
Are Space Heaters Actually Dangerous?
Space heaters are dangerous. There is no denying the fact. Nevertheless, it does not mean that you can’t use them safely. With a little common sense, you can easily use them with ease and complete safety.
Using Space Heaters Safely
Space heaters can be used safely if you keep a few things in mind. In fact, many homeowners have been using them to their advantage for years now without any untoward incident. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Keep The Space Heater Three Feet Away From Everything – The golden rule is to keep the space heater at least three feet away from everything. This way, it will be far enough from all things. So there is no more danger of things catching fire.
2. Don’t Keep The Space Heater On Carpet Or A Wooden Surface – Carpets and wooden surfaces are also inflammable. Avoid keeping your space heater on them. If necessary, buy a table or a stand made of non-inflammable material like stone or concrete to place it upon.
3. Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors And Ensure Ventilation – No matter what, always install a carbon monoxide detector in the room where you use a space heater. This way, when the concentration of carbon monoxide increases, you shall be warned well in time before any incident happens. Another thing that needs to be ensured is that at least one window or door in the room should be open when using a space heater. It ensures a source of fresh air to enter and maintain a healthy oxygen level.
4. Install A Dedicated Circuit For Space Heater – As we mentioned earlier, the space heater consumes a lot of power. If you wish to avoid situations like a blown fuse and electrical fire, install a dedicated circuit for it.
5. Exercise Caution Always – Don’t leave the space heater on when you are not in the room and absolutely not when you are away from home. Constantly warn the children of the dangers of mischievous behavior and recklessness around the space heater. If possible, don’t use it until such time that they go to bed. If you have pets, restrict them from entering the room where the space heater is on.
Space Heaters Are A Good Solution
The space heaters may have earned a bad name, but that is only because people don’t know the correct way to use them. With a little care and awareness, they are an easy and pocket-friendly solution to provide warmth during cold spells.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we are always ready to offer you advice about indoor heating and cooling solutions. If you are a resident of West Palm Beach, Florida, and wish to discuss the same, contact us at +1-888-729-8452. We have a dedicated team of 100 plus technicians who can also take care of installations, repairs, and maintenance of your HVAC systems. Operating since 1981, we are well known in the area for providing prompt action, quality service, and complete customer satisfaction. If you want peace of mind, call Aztil AC now.
The heating and cooling system installed in your home is a complex machine consisting of various components. Due to continuous use and long working hours, it requires tune-up and repairs from time to time. During these moments, worrying about the technician’s capability and authenticity is the last thing you want to do. With such expensive equipment, you would only want the best technician and contractor to handle it whenever the need arises.
Finding the best HVAC company nearby is like looking for a needle in the haystack. It is primarily because all the contractors in the market claim to be experts. But are they really so? Sadly, some of you would have by now figured, through the hard way, that there are scammers hiding amidst them. Weeding these out is essential so that the remaining contenders are actually the real deal. This article will take you through the steps to find the best HVAC companies near you.
Finding The Best HVAC Companies
Finding the best HVAC companies is not a herculean task. It is all about researching and asking the right questions. Remember, as a customer, you have every right to question, and the contractor, technician, or the representative thereof should answer it to your satisfaction.
1. Check Online – The internet has made life very easy. Making use of it should be the very first step. Every professional HVAC contractor these days has a website. Use any search engine to get a list of those that operate in your area. On their website, you will find valuable information like company background, experience, awards, services, etc. While online, you can also check their reviews from any of the reviewing portals. The reviews will give you a fair idea of how these companies deliver on their promises and practices.
2. Enquire – Ask your neighbors whom they call for their HVAC needs. Cross-check these companies against their website. You can call these contractors or visit their office to get answers to your queries and concerns regarding services, maintenance plans, etc. While at it, pay attention to the finer points like:
1. The company should have proper certification.
2. They should be insured.
3. They should have a license to practice in your state.
4. They should not shoot any figures or estimates without scheduling the inspection of your heating and cooling system.
5. Find out about the skill and experience of their technicians.
6. Pay attention to their safety policy and practices in office and on-site, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Shortlist And Compare – Now is the time to shortlist those companies that really caught your attention with good reviews, quality service, and satisfactorily answering your queries. Once you are down to a few, it becomes easier to compare. Here are a few details that will come in handy.
4. Ask each HVAC contractor for a quote. The one that readily offers it without conducting an actual physical inspection of the unit, you can rule them out. The others will be all fair competition.
5. Comparing the price and what they offer it will give you a good idea of what to expect. The one that offers an extremely low-ball figure is also a red flag. Most likely, they will either do a substandard job or point out more problems in the unit and add to the overall expense bill.
6. Finally, choose only those who offer a legal contract. It may seem like an unnecessary task, but at the end of the day, it will protect your rights as well as that of the contractor by clearly outlining the facts. A contractor who outright refuses or keeps postponing issuing a legal contract is in high probability a scammer. Beware of them.
Additional Tips For Finding The Best HVAC Company
A lot of research goes into finding the best HVAC company for your home’s heating and cooling system. So you want to get it done right in the very first instance itself. These few additional tips will also save the day for you.
1. Always check how long the company has been in existence. This gives you a fair idea of their level of experience.
2. Check whether there are any outstanding complaints against the said company. You can search online for this detail on the Better Business Bureau.
3. Enquire whether their technicians work in teams or alone. Those contractors who send out technicians in teams of two are the most ideal. Typically, one would be the mentor and the other pupil.
4. Make sure that the contractor is willing to stand by the work they do. In short, there must be some guarantee attached to the work completed by them. For example, if the same problem occurs within a fortnight or a month, the contractor will carry out repairs free of cost. Such a guarantee is necessary to ensure that the customer is not taken for a right.
To Sum Up
Taking care of the HVAC system is not easy. Its installation, replacement, repairs, and maintenance are all jobs that require skill and technical know-how. Obviously, the service does not come for free. Though your natural inclination would be to go for an HVAC company that has the lowest quote, but remember, anybody who charges below the industry standard is just trying to fool you. Similarly, always check their paperwork pertaining to certification, license, etc. It will weed out all the illegal entities from the equation. Finally, it’s down to their reputation and the service they offer for the quoted price. Choose the one that matches your pocket and needs.
If you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, you needn’t look further than Aztil Air Conditioning for all your HVAC needs. We are a well-established family-owned business running since 1981. Integrity, honesty, and customer satisfaction are the very foundation of our business. Our team consists of 100+ well-equipped, trained, and experienced technicians. We offer a full suite of services that includes installation, replacement, repairs, and maintenance of the heating and cooling system. To assist you, our air experts are available 24/7. So next time when the need arises, pick up the phone and call +1-888-729-8452.
How comfortable you are within a closed space is usually associated with the indoor temperature. If the temperature is to your liking and does not make you feel either too cold or too hot, it’s perfect for keeping you relaxed and happy. Thankfully, appliances like the HVAC systems can now guarantee comfort the entire year.
There are times when comfort does not depend solely on the temperature. The temperature may be sufficiently cool, and yet you land up feeling clammy. Conversely, the home might be warm and cozy, just the way you like, but your skin feels itchy and dry. These conditions arise because of humidity issues. Hence, temperature and humidity are both critical to determining the individual’s comfort while indoors. Maybe this is why both humidifiers and dehumidifiers are becoming quite popular amongst the masses.
Our customers often want to know which is a better purchase – a humidifier or a dehumidifier? Since that depends from situation to situation because each serves a very specific purpose, we decided to dedicate this article to educate you about the two.
Humidifiers Vs. Dehumidifiers
Let us do a comparative study between the humidifiers and dehumidifiers under some broad categories. It will help you understand how distinctively they are from each other and the purpose they serve.
What Are They
1. Humidifier – A humidifier is a device that adds moisture to the air. The air is typically dry during the winter months. It is because, at this time, the moisture content in the air is low. As a result, we tend to have dry and flaky skin, nose bleeds, chapped lips, and throat irritation. To alleviate these conditions, the only option is to reduce the dryness of air by increasing its moisture content. This is exactly what a humidifier does. It adds moisture to the air and makes it suitable for healthy living.
2. Dehumidifier – Dehumidifier is the exact opposite of a humidifier. In some areas and certain seasons, especially during monsoons, the humidity is high. So much so that, even with the air conditioner running full blast, one tends to feel sweaty and clammy. No matter how much you lower the temperature, you still can’t feel comfortable. At such times a dehumidifier comes to the rescue as it extracts the excess moisture from the air and brings it down to the optimum level.
Where Are They Most Suited
1. Humidifiers – If you live in an area with a severe and long winter season, you and your family will benefit from a humidifier. With the right setting, you will be able to enjoy the winter months without any side effects of dry air. A surprising difference would be the reduction of static charge in your clothes.
2. Dehumidifiers – Humidity is naturally high in the coastal areas. Add to the mix the hot summer season and the hurricane season, and you would feel as if there is no respite from the humidity. In such areas, those homes, buildings, and offices with a dehumidifier will be more comfortable than those that don’t. In short, installing a dehumidifier in those locations that have perpetually high humidity makes more sense as they will be able to get the most of their investment.
When Are They Most Suited
1. Humidifiers – When you or your family members or people in the building complain about problems that are directly related to the dry air condition indoors, it’s time to invest in a humidifier. As mentioned earlier, dry air can lead to skin ailments and irritation of the respiratory tract. These conditions, though, may not be serious but can, over time, result in severe or chronic problems.
2. Dehumidifiers – High humidity is the perfect recipe for germs and pathogens to strive. It also acts as thriving ground for mold and other fungal growth. In homes where individuals fall ill more often or there are recurring episodes of mold growth, controlling humidity is very important. These homes will benefit the most by investing in a whole-home dehumidifier.
Humidifier Vs. Dehumidifier – What Is Really Needed
The actual humidity within your home determines what you really need, a humidifier, or a dehumidifier. Mathematically speaking, if the humidity inside your home is over 50%, you need a dehumidifier. On the other hand, if the humidity level is below 30%, you need a humidifier. So, to figure out the actual requirement, measure the humidity in your home over a period of time.
Who Wins The Battle?
There is no sole winner in the battle between Humidifiers Vs. Dehumidifiers. Both serve their own purpose, each distinctively different from the other. The main advantage of them is that they make for a more healthy and comfortable living environment. Before deciding on either type of equipment, you need a true assessment of the current and persistent humidity conditions within the home or building. Once you know where you stand in reality, you can make a wise and informed decision.
Before jumping to any conclusions, make sure that you are strictly following your heating and cooling system’s maintenance schedule. This is because your HVAC system is built to provide some amount of relief from both too much and too little humidity. If the maintenance is not being carried out, the unit will not maintain the optimum humidity level in your abode.
Despite following the prescribed maintenance program, there is a problem if you still face issues related to humidity. You can now think of investing in an additional humidification or dehumidification system, as the case may be, to curb its ill-effects.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned HVAC business in West Palm Beach, Florida. We have been open since 1981 and handle all jobs related to the HVAC systems, including repairs, maintenance, installations, and replacements. We even offer air quality and humidity control solutions. Our technicians are capable and trained professionals who will always give you the right advice. To book an appointment or schedule maintenance or an inspection, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, so any time is a good time to call.
The day your water heater starts behaving abnormally is the day when the realization dawns on how important it is to your daily life. Before that, you wouldn’t have spared even a stray thought to it. Not that anyone is blaming you because it is a mistake that we all make. Learning from our mistakes and those of others is probably the greatest gift that we have. Instead of waiting for the day when the water heater goes completely kaput, you can pay attention to its little peculiarities to identify the need for repairs. This article aims to tell you about the five most common signs that reveal your water heater needs repairs.
5 Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
Not paying attention to problems only makes them escalate in nature. If you are lucky, it would only mean costly repairs. On the contrary, if you are unlucky, it may result in purchasing a new water heater, which is Now that you know what’s the worst that could happen, let’s have a glimpse at the top 5 signs that indicate the need for water heater repairs.
1. Lukewarm Water Coming From Taps – When you run the hot water tap, and the water feels barely warm, it means that there is something wrong. However, there could be a logical reason behind it. So instead of jumping the gun, first check the temperature settings. Somebody could have accidentally or knowingly altered them to a low setting or vacation mode. In this case, correcting the temperature setting will take care of the problem. Similarly, if the temperature has dropped suddenly, the water coming to your tank will be colder than usual. If you’ve been using more hot water than usual, the water heater may be finding it difficult to heat the extra cold water within the same timespan. If neither of these two conditions exists, it signifies the need for water heater repairs. Something is not working as it should, so the water is not heating sufficiently.
2. Hot Water Gets Over Very Soon – If there is no untoward increase in hot water consumption, it should not get over within a few minutes where earlier it was available for a longer duration. For example, in your home, if you are the first one to get up and take a shower and you feel that the water runs cold within the first 10 minutes, where earlier it was still hot after 25 mins, it is a cause for concern. It could mean a faulty heating element or damaged plumbing, causing the hot water to leak elsewhere. Both of these scenarios are going to need expert help for correctly identifying and rectifying the problem.
3. Leaking Water Heater – A leaking water heater is never good news. It can cause water damage in your home, leading to damp spots, water stains, spoiled floor and furnishings, mold, etc. The first question that pops in your mind is, how to identify that the water heater is leaking? That’s pretty simple. When your water heater leaks, it creates water puddles and wet spots immediately around the unit. These are hard to miss as constant leaking will prevent the puddle from drying quickly. Pooling water is not a good sign as it will corrode the water heater. Also, if there are any electrical appliances nearby, it may create a hazardous situation. Hence, as soon as you notice a leak see its repairs immediately.
4. Rusty Or Rust Colored Water – Often, corrosion of the water heater occurs. On the outside, it is visible to the naked eye. Nevertheless, when it spreads inside the unit, you will barely come to know of it until the color of the water changes or its taste becomes metallic, or even both may occur at the same time. You must now wonder that it is not necessary that the corrosion is inside the water heater. It could also be in the pipes. Distinguishing between the two occurrences is simple. If rust-colored water comes from both the hot and cold taps, corrosion is in the pipeline. On the other hand, if rusty water comes only from the hot water tap, corrosion is inside the water heater. When you notice either the metallic taste of water or its off-color, it’s time to get the heating unit and its related components inspected.
5. Strange Sounds That Were Not There Earlier – Almost all big appliances make some noise. When you notice a sudden change in the sound pattern of the water heater, that is a red flag. The sounds you are most likely to hear when something is off are loud popping, cracking, or banging sounds. These noises are indicative of mineral deposits within the water heater that causes it to overheat. Usually, giving the inside of the water heater, a thorough cleaning will take care of the strange sounds. This cleaning is a job that only a trained technician should perform.
Hire Professionals For Water Heater Repair
If any of the above-mentioned occurrences sound familiar, it means that your water heater is in need of repairs. One must take care to employ only trained professionals to handle the task as the very safety and longevity of the appliance depend on it. If you doubt water heater problems, call the elite team of Aztil Air Conditioning for expert help.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a well-established name amongst HVAC contractors in West Palm Beach, Florida. We are a company that is synonymous with trust, integrity, and customer satisfaction. Building this reputation has been years of hard work. Today, we are known as a one-stop-shop for all your HVAC needs. Our technicians are thorough professionals, trained in the trade, with considerable experience under their belts. We take care of not only installation and replacements but also repairs and maintenance. When seeking either service, do give a call at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year, so any time is a good time to call. Allow us to wow you with our impeccable service and prompt action.