The air conditioner has become such an inbuilt part of our lives that it is difficult to imagine even a day without it. Be it summer your winter; it works non-stop to provide heat and warmth. AC breakdown is a time of immense tension. So, how can one avoid such a situation? How would you, as a homeowner, know that your AC demands immediate attention before problems compound even further? There are signs that usually indicate issues building within the AC. If you are able to recognize these signs, you can handle the adverse situations before they escalate further.
5 Signs That AC Repairs Are Needed In West Palm Beach
Annual maintenance, along with scheduling repairs as soon as the need arises, is the only way to keep your AC working efficiently. It also extends the life of your unit. It’s a win-win combination all around. Let’s have a look at the 5 signs that indicate your AC needs repair.
1. Inadequate Airflow – Poor airflow is an indication of issues building in your air conditioner. It signifies that your AC is not working as efficiently as it should. There could be multiple reasons why the airflow is insufficient. The most prominent of which are a clogged air filter, blockage in ductwork, or a faulty motor. To begin with, these reasons may appear small. However, if not addressed promptly, they can lead to bigger problems like overheating of the unit. Handling the problem of inadequate airflow is easy. If it’s an air filter that has become dirty, replace it. If it’s a blockage in the ductwork or a problem with the motor, your best option is to call the AC technician for repairs.
2. Cooling Is Less – If you feel that your AC is not cooling the home as well as it was before, there could be a problem. Nonetheless, before jumping to that conclusion, it is best to check the thermostat once to make sure that nobody has disturbed the temperature settings. If the thermostat displays the same settings as before, your AC needs immediate attention. The reduced cooling could be due to low refrigerant levels, leaks in the ductwork, overheating of components, compressor problems, and such. In any case, only a trained technician can correctly identify the problem. So it is best to book an appointment with the local HVAC company posthaste.
3. Frequent Short-Cycling – Ideally, the AC cycles on and off at regular intervals. In the normal course, it should stick to this routine irrespective of the season or weather. When the AC cycles on and off frequently, it implies a budding problem in the system. At such a time, you should get in touch with your cooling experts. The quicker you address this issue, the better the efficiency of your air conditioner.
4. Strange Noises & Bad Odors – Your air conditioner usually makes a small hum when thee compressor kicks in. Other than that, it delivers a relatively noise-free performance. When you start hearing strange sounds originating from your air conditioner, it signals problems with your cooling system. The noise could be in any form like grinding, clanging, rattling, shuddering, screeching, etc. None of these sounds are normal. The reason behind these unusual noises needs to be looked into and taken care of. Likewise, with the air conditioner working continuously, there should not be any bad odors inside the house. If you get a whiff of rotten eggs or smelly socks, your HVAC system may be suffering from mold growth or pest infestation. If the smell is that of burning wires, you may have a loose connection on hand. The exact location of these problems can only be detected after the complete inspection of the unit. These smells are not only off-putting but also a cause for concern as they can give rise to health problems or fire due to short circuit.
5. Increase In Utility Bills – Unwarranted increase in utility bills is a sign that your air conditioner is not working as efficiently as it should. Usually, when the system is operating under pressure, it consumes more power and gas. Your AC should at no time operate under strain as it can cause overheating of the unit. So, if there are no other obvious signs and yet you notice a spike in your monthly energy bills, your AC could be developing problems. Sometimes this spike may be accompanied by other signs as well. Your AC technician should be able to figure out the reason for the increased energy consumption and address it to give you financial relief.
Other Signs That Your AC Needs Repair West Palm Beach
There are a few other signs that your AC needs repairs. Though these signs may not be as easily noticeable as the ones mentioned above, over a period, they will make themselves known.
1. The humidity inside the home increases for no good reason.
2. The walls become damp, or there are puddles of water on the floor again for no known reason.
3. The air circulating inside the house is warmer, and you have not reprogrammed the thermostat.
4. Uneven cooling is also a sign of problems cropping in the air conditioner.
Seasonal maintenance of the AC takes care of most of the problems. An AC that is serviced regularly seldom needs repairs as compared to the one that isn’t. Even more important is the age of the AC. Your air conditioner is but a machine that suffers intense wear and tears due to constant use. As the system ages, it becomes difficult to find the correct parts and carry out the repairs. So, keep in mind the age of your air conditioning unit and how often it demands repairs. If it is often, you should seriously think of replacing it with a brand new unit.
Aztil AC in West Palm Beach is your trusted partner for any and every AC related problem. From seasonal maintenance to 24/7 handling of all the AC issues, our team does it all. We promise not to keep you waiting, for we know how little time you get to relax in the calming environment of your home. Contact us anytime for your AC related problems, and prompt service will be delivered at your doorstep.