Choosing the right people to work with is always the best. With them, there remain no doubts about the quality of work, ethics, and following safety measures. Things are no different when you are looking to hire an air conditioning company or an HVAC company to take care of your heating and cooling system. To choose the best, you need to look for certain qualities. Today, we will tell you about the top 10 things that you need to look for when hiring an air conditioning company.
10 Things To Look For When Hiring An Air Conditioning Company
1. Market Reputation – The market reputation of a company is often the starting point of any decision-making process. If the company has a good reputation, it means that they provide prompt, reliable, and quality services. These are precisely the three things that you need in an air conditioning company because you never know when your HVAC system demands their services. Nobody would want to be stuck with a company that promises and promises but fails to deliver. Asking for referrals and checking online reviews are the best ways to gather this vital information.
2. Training & Certification – Only trained and certified personnel should be allowed to touch your heating and cooling system. Technical training from any recognized institute for HVAC systems is must-have. In addition, the technicians must also have a North American Technician Excellence certification. This certification is received only after passing rigorous exams that reflect a technician’s up-to-date knowledge of practices, innovations, and technology in the HVAC industry.
3. License – A mandatory requirement by the state is that the HVAC contractor should have a license. The license is proof that the contractor has adequate training and expertise to do the job. It also guarantees the fact that the said contractor meets all the industry standards. Besides, the license is an assurance that the contractor does not indulge in any malpractices. The license of those contractors who are found to be scamming the customers or breaking any rules and regulations is forfeited.
4. Insurance – Insurance is necessary to protect the rights of both the contractor and the customer. Here is where you can differentiate the chaff from the grain, or in this case, scammers from actual contractors. A company having valid insurance will never hesitate to show you the insurance document. On the other hand, a con artist will try to confuse you in words and try his best not to let you see and examine the insurance document. Beware of these so-called cheap contractors as they can do more harm to your HVAC unit.
5. Brand Experience – Experience counts a lot in the HVAC industry; more importantly, the brand experience. Your chosen HVAC contractor should have at least a couple of years of experience in the brand that you own. Hiring an air conditioning company that has no experience in your AC brand is a foolish mistake, one that you may regret at a later on time. Each brand has its own nuances, and so you need to hire a technician who understands the intricacies of your AC.
6. On-Site Evaluation – Without inspecting the actual equipment and the site of its installation, it is not possible to predict the problem or the cost of installation. In either case, the technician should come to your home and inspect the premises before arriving at any decision. It is not possible to judge the level of difficulty in the installation or the reason for malfunction over a telephonic conversation.
7. Written Estimates – Whenever you are looking to get a new AC installed or experiencing some problem with your unit, ask for written estimates for the job order. It will allow you to compare the prices and also see the various heads under which you will be charged. Only genuine contractors will ideally give you detailed written estimates. Others will simply tell you a round-off figure and try to get away with it. The problem with these so-called contractors is that once they enter your home, they will start adding to the estimate by pointing out one problem after the other even when none exists.
8. Special Offers – Most HVAC contractors will come out with special offers, especially during the lull season. Sometimes these offers are used as a means of attracting new customers even during the peak season. Whatever be the time of your requirement for an AC technician or contractor, ask them whether their company has any special offers going on at the moment. These could be in the form of discounts, rebates, or loyalty points. An attractive offer at the right time may make your decision-making process a bit easier.
9. Financing Options – God forbid, but if your AC needs a costly repair or any modification to the home that will eat into your finances, you need to find out about the payment schedule. Some reputed contractors tend to offer special payment plans or other finance options that suit your pockets better. There is no harm in asking for this information. In hindsight, it may just ease your burden. However, always read the fine print and clearly understand what the option entails. You wouldn’t want to get any unpleasant surprises later on.
10. Warranty – There are certain aspects which, if not adhered, can render the warranty null and void. One such thing is the periodic maintenance of your AC unit. Your air conditioning company should be able to tell you how to keep the warranty intact and in force. While at it, you should also ask them about the maintenance contracts.
Finding the most suitable contractor or an air conditioning company for your heating and cooling system may appear to be a daunting task. But armed with the right set of pointed questions, you can easily overcome the hurdle. The tips suggested above will guide you immensely in choosing wisely.
In case you are a resident of West Palm Beach, Florida, you needn’t look further than Aztil AC. We are a one-stop solution for all your heating and cooling needs. You can contact us anytime at +1-888-729-8452.