Air ducts in homes and offices serve the essential purpose of circulating air. They circulate air to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the living or working space. However, quite often, we overlook the upkeep and maintenance of air ducts. When that happens, the air quality suffers, and one tends to fall ill pretty frequently. Assuming air ducts to be an insignificant part of your heating and cooling system is a grave mistake. It is best to learn this lesson early on rather than later.
Air duct cleaning has many benefits, but learning about the top 10 proven and surprising benefits of air duct cleaning is our prime area of focus.
How Do I Know My Air Ducts Need Cleaning?
Recognizing whether your air ducts need cleaning or not, is quite simple. If you see any of the below-mentioned occurrences, it is time for deep cleaning.
1. Dust motes are floating around in the air.
2. Hair and other debris trapped in vents.
3. A fine film of dust on the grills of the return air registers.
4. Clogged air filters.
5. Persistent odor in the air.
10 Proven And surprising Benefits Of Air Duct Cleaning
Getting the air ducts cleaned every couple of years will save you from plenty of health and financial troubles later. Maintenance and cleaning of air ducts is essential. Advantages of air dryer duct cleaning include –
1. Improves Air Flow Efficiency – When there is a heavy build-up of dust and grime in the ductwork and registers, it constricts the free flow of air from the air conditioner and furnace. When this happens, you will realize that portions or your house are either cooler or warmer than the rest of it. Professionally getting the air ducts cleaned at regular intervals will eliminate cold and hot spots in your environment. Air will flow without restriction, and the environment throughout the house will become comfortable.
2. Cleaner Living Environment – When the air that circulates is not clean, it deposits particle matter on all things that lie in its path. So even, if you clean the house or office regularly, you will still see that it gets dirty quickly and quite often. It happens because the air ducts are not clean, so the ambient air keeps picking on the same dust and recycling it continuously.
Think of it like a vacuum cleaner whose dust bag never gets cleaned or changed. After some time, it will stop cleaning altogether. What it will essentially do is pick up the dust and grime from one place and deposit it elsewhere.
So the environment remains unclean even if it looks otherwise. Air duct cleaning will get rid of all the matter that is deposited in the hidden nooks and crannies of the vents and other spaces and make for a cleaner living environment.
3. Reduces Allergens – Unclean air ducts can affect your health. Air ducts are a thriving house of allergens and other irritants. These could be in the form of pollens, spores, bacteria, and other micro-organisms. These allergens are of grave health concern to people suffering from allergies, respiratory disorders, and the elderly.
One of the prime benefits of air duct cleaning is that it prevents the allergens from continuously circulating in your breathing space by getting rid of them. You can thus, breathe safely without the fear of falling ill.
4. Removes Bad Odor – Smells of cooking food, paint fumes, cleaning agents, cigarettes, mold, etc. add to the smells in the house. These smells are disagreeable and stale because of which the house feels dirty and unpleasant to stay. Switching on a room freshener will only do so much.
As soon as you switch it off, all the undesirable odors will once again let their presence be known. The only way to permanently get rid of bad odor is by getting the air ducts cleaned thoroughly, inside out. Once that is done, your house will smell pleasant and become more inviting.
5. Improves HVAC Efficiency – The efficiency of your installed HVAC unit gets compromised if the air ducts are not cleaned properly. It has to work harder for the same output, and even then sometimes it fails to do the needful. A costly system like HVAC, if it does not work as it should, it becomes a futile expenditure.
As a homeowner, you can feel good about such expenditure only if it gives you the desired results. Properly cleaning the air ducts purges it of all the particles which prevent your HVAC unit from functioning to its full efficiency.
6. Pest Control – It isn’t unheard of that pests and rodents make merry inside the air ducts. This is especially true for those houses which are close to nature. Creepy, crawly bugs find the darkness of the air ducts a haven to reside. These pests, rodents, and insects are not good for any home. They spread disease and illness.
To maintain the hygiene of your surroundings, you have to take every step to prevent any such creature from residing in your house. Regular cleaning of air ducts ensures that they are not able to make permanent homes and multiply in numbers.
7. Lower Energy Costs – When the efficiency of your HVAC unit increases, it consumes lesser power. It draws less energy to give more output. Cleaning the air ducts is an important step of maintenance. With clean air ducts, the furnace and air conditioner work more efficiently and result in lower energy costs.
8. Dust Control – Dust is present everywhere. Sometimes it comes in with the shoes and yet other times it blows in throw open doors and windows. No matter how it comes in, you still have to remove it from your premises. Professional HVAC maintenance companies perform a top to bottom cleaning of the air ducts across the entire length and breadth of it. In doing so, they eliminate all the dust trapped inside the ducts so that it does not get circulated.
9. Easy Breathing – If you have to choose between breathing good clean air and polluted or dirty air, clean air will win hands down. Cleaning the air ducts gives you the chance to breathe easy without any worries.
10. Eliminating Contaminants – Sometimes, pollutants tend to blow inside and get trapped in the air ducts. It may happen during renovation, gale, or storm. Contaminants may not always be visible to the naked eye, but that does not mean they are not there. Professional dryer duct cleaning will help you get rid of all such contaminants.
Just like any other space in your home and office, air ducts too need to be cleaned. But we fail to give this aspect its due importance. Now that you know the various advantages of air duct cleaning, you will hopefully not compromise on it. If you need any professional help, look us up. We are an elite team of professionals who believe in hard, honest work.
For more information, call us at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are one of the best air conditioning companies in the area, making sure your home stays dry. We can be reached at 888-729-8452, or you can fill out our online contact form.